Field loco, a 2yr roundtoit!ALL DONE!!!

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
I posted this way back in 2017,now finally I got around to finishing it off,its sat in the box since then and not been used or touched so while the paints out for the Columbian I thought this one needed the weather on it too,the Indy 2 6 0 was also on the cards to do but found a few problems with it so when fixed will be done also,I am going to put the LGB driver back in as I used the original figure as the fireman in the Columbian,bell and whistle ropes to go on and I`ll call it done;) .FIELD LOCO 008.jpgWEATHERING 011.jpgWEATHERING 012.jpgWEATHERING 013.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
With a couple of hours after a night shift to wind down out came the paints again this morning and this one all done now,bell and whistle ropes in,engineer refitted and the paintwork weathering completed,the wheels needed fading back so rust applied to those,general rust spots around the loco added,good to cover any bad joints on cab sheets,allows me to get away with it,silver on the handrails to show a little wear.The second pic is of her on switching duties in Los Garagos yard,all track tested ready for duty and back in the box,Indy now to do;);)loco done 001.jpgloco done 006.jpg

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Great work ! Love little critters like that.