DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
spurs123 said:
must be getting older and more grumpy , went round the exhibition in about 35 mins took 3 pictures and got the 'ump with the gresley layout when I asked about the blue deltic I was told it was only allowed on the layout as an 'honoury steam loco' when I asked if they had a B1 they took the pi** saying that was a thompson loco and not allowed on this layout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, had visions of me doing a steven segal ,punching the guy repeating the mantra rule 8 , rule 8............each year I go to st albans ,I always say never again

working to many hours ,

I never made it this year, but I do myself say never again myself when I go. I expect it will be better for a year or two off. However, who was put out by the Brambleton Show being on the same Saturday this year? I was and missed that too. They normally have the Brambleton Show on the Saturday the week after St Albans. This is the Show that I always make the effort to go to. Probably benefits from being organised by a group of Garden Railway Modellers.
JonD

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
dunnyrail said:
spurs123 said:
must be getting older and more grumpy , went round the exhibition in about 35 mins took 3 pictures and got the 'ump with the gresley layout when I asked about the blue deltic I was told it was only allowed on the layout as an 'honoury steam loco' when I asked if they had a B1 they took the pi** saying that was a thompson loco and not allowed on this layout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, had visions of me doing a steven segal ,punching the guy repeating the mantra rule 8 , rule 8............each year I go to st albans ,I always say never again

working to many hours ,

I never made it this year, but I do myself say never again myself when I go. I expect it will be better for a year or two off. However, who was put out by the Brambleton Show being on the same Saturday this year? I was and missed that too. They normally have the Brambleton Show on the Saturday the week after St Albans. This is the Show that I always make the effort to go to. Probably benefits from being organised by a group of Garden Railway Modellers.
JonD
Brambleton was stuck with that weekend and couldn't change it. Also had a problem with layouts cancelled due to operators being ill! Still, this year the local 16mm group had their large portable layout running at Brambleton. Very nice layout, and only took us about 30 minutes to set up.

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
If you want a good show for the smaller scales then the one held at Stoke Mandaville on the May bank holiday weekend is very good. Held in the large sports hall, they can get the really big layouts in it.

corgi

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Best answers
Thanks for sharing your day Doug.