dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Nicely done Henri. Have to say that when I repainted mine I also sprayed the complete Body Wagon Matt Grey. Used masking tape to cover the planks then oversprayed Matt Black for the Ironwork. Chassis was done separately in Matt Black. Seamed to me like an easier process than fiddly Painting by a man with little patience. Still you have done yours now, clearly you have a stedier hand with more patience than I have.
JonD

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Ow these are wonderful, Jon! Thanks for sharing!

Yes the theme(s) are beginning to take shape. Tramway and Feldbahn.
Lots of Vicinal pics on the Webb, sometimes take some finding though.
JonD

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Nicely done Henri. Have to say that when I repainted mine I also sprayed the complete Body Wagon Matt Grey. Used masking tape to cover the planks then oversprayed Matt Black for the Ironwork. Chassis was done separately in Matt Black. Seamed to me like an easier process than fiddly Painting by a man with little patience. Still you have done yours now, clearly you have a stedier hand with more patience than I have.
JonD

I took the challenge to do it 'by hand' without masking, relying on my old plastic kit build skills. And it also helped the 'metal' bars are quite thick so with a bit of a steady hand and a trick I could achieve 'sharp' lines.

Frank Gallagher

Well matured physically if not mentally
1 Jun 2016
Chatsworth
Best answers
Steady hand Henri- look really great

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Grey is smart, Henri, and goes on well.

Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Nice work Henri....

Jasper

Hey, I'm only being creative here.
11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Let's hope the rabbits aren't as resourceful as Henri!

Reactions: 1 users

Frank Gallagher

1 Jun 2016
Chatsworth
Best answers
And me super

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Got me some garden lights, solar powered and auto on/off at the Action (is that chain also known outside the Netherlands?) Dirt cheap, 7 pieces for less than 5 Euro... Anyway, put them in saturday afternoon late, we weren't at home that evening so I missed the fun, but last night, oh well, crap cheap Action stuff, 5 Euro's down the drain, they didn't work...

Wife said, isn't there a piece of plastic or a switch somewhere? No, I replied, didn't say so on the box!

Then I did get curios and browsed the web and someone mentioned an on/off switch... And there actually IS an on/off switch... For that price...???

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Got me some garden lights, solar powered and auto on/off at the Action (is that chain also known outside the Netherlands?) Dirt cheap, 7 pieces for less than 5 Euro... Anyway, put them in saturday afternoon late, we weren't at home that evening so I missed the fun, but last night, oh well, crap cheap Action stuff, 5 Euro's down the drain, they didn't work...

Wife said, isn't there a piece of plastic or a switch somewhere? No, I replied, didn't say so on the box!

Then I did get curios and browsed the web and someone mentioned an on/off switch... And there actually IS an on/off switch... For that price...???

When all else fails, read the instructions (or ask the wife).

Reactions: 2 users

Frank Gallagher

1 Jun 2016
Chatsworth
Best answers
I don't need Google my wife knows everything!

Reactions: 1 users