dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Jon, I can remember back in the early days of Mac emulation of Windows…. Things could get complicated with peripherals.
These days Parallels ( there are other emulation progs) is so easy to configure and fast with it.
What ever you have connected to your Mac by USB can be used by the emulated Windows ( nearly always even without the correct PC driver as it ‘sees’ the Mac connection as its own).
I used Mac with Parallels for programming Massoth and ESU decoders using their programming modules and PC software.
I have Windows XP as well as Windows 10 running in Parallels, (XP for those old PC progs that I do not want to update!).
So don’t worry, just get a copy of Patallels to suit your current Mac OS … Which OS are you using ?
Thanks for that, 10.13.6 at the top of its upgrade cycle as it is now over 10 years old.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
That would be wonderful as long there is no physical connection needed between Rx and the computer/iPad. If it can connect with/through WiFi that would be super!
That would indeed be great but I suspect the Rx would need to be somewhat larger. They in some cases are big enough already. Just look at how I had to stuff the smallest Deltang Rx in my Pepa Pig conversion. No chance of sound either.

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Could this possibly be the receiver I have been waiting for that allows two transmitters to be connected to it simultaneously?

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Could this possibly be the receiver I have been waiting for that allows two transmitters to be connected to it simultaneously?
I don't think so. The Deltang Rx6x series is supposed to be able to do this, but I've never managed to get it to work reliably. It's called TX Change - detailed on this page - Selecta

Rik