Micron MR603

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I've just heard from Andy Rutter that he is now in a position to market his MR603a receiver controller which is an almost direct replacement for Deltang Rx65 receivers.

http://www.micronradiocontrol.co.uk/pro ... #mrc_mr603

I've just ordered three. Not had a chance to try them out as yet but will let you know. Sounds like a reason to build another loco.....
:lol:
:thumbright:

Rik

David Palmeter

Fun in the Central Hoosier Flatlands
7 Dec 2017
Noblesville IN
palmeter.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, Rik, as a very average electron chaser, I had a adequate working knowledge of the Deltang Rx65 receivers. I am anxious to see your comments!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Andy's first batch, went in four days..

More will be available in July..

RC Trains, should have some stock, in the next week.

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
How should I connect thee?
IMG_20220621_164542.jpg
Let me count the ways..

PhilP

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
How should I connect thee?
View attachment 300500
Let me count the ways..

PhilP
Do rather like the screw in connector but that comes with an small extra space requirement. So like Jimmy probably the wired one top left. Have a few spare spaces on my TX so may well be investing in one or two of these soon. But not looking forward to having to re-learn the programming setup having forgotten how to do it by now!

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Do rather like the screw in connector but that comes with an small extra space requirement. So like Jimmy probably the wired one top left. Have a few spare spaces on my TX so may well be investing in one or two of these soon. But not looking forward to having to re-learn the programming setup having forgotten how to do it by now!
If what has been posted previously is correct this will programme line the MR001a and not the Deltang 6x, the former being easier than the later, IMHO :)

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
If anyone gets stuck, when programming, you only have to ask..
:nerd::)

The MR603 comes with four configurations 'built-in', and you can select these by connecting two-pins, turning-on, and counting LED - flashes..
Same with Loco Selection (Selecta), Low / Centre-off throttle, and Low Voltage Cut-off (LVC).

If you know what you want, you can ask your supplier, who can program it for you.

PhilP.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
If anyone gets stuck, when programming, you only have to ask..
:nerd::)

The MR603 comes with four configurations 'built-in', and you can select these by connecting two-pins, turning-on, and counting LED - flashes..
Same with Loco Selection (Selecta), Low / Centre-off throttle, and Low Voltage Cut-off (LVC).

If you know what you want, you can ask your supplier, who can program it for you.

PhilP.
Yup that is the faff I was referring to, not impossible as I have done it to 4 Deltang Chips now. Just takes me an age to get my head round it including another look at Rik’s superb YT Vid on the process required.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
One-day....
You may be able to program them, from the web-browser, on your technology of choice...
:nerd: :eek:

But I haven't told you that! :lipssealed::shake:

PhilP.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
One-day....
You may be able to program them, from the web-browser, on your technology of choice...
:nerd: :eek:

But I haven't told you that! :lipssealed::shake:

PhilP.
Bet it wont work on a Mac!

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Probably would under Parallels (or similar) ;)
Blub blue blub, tried a MAC / Win compatibility thing back in 2000, never managed to get it working. Much PC tech stuff goes over my head sadly even though I was in the IT Industry.

Ralphmp

Registered
6 Jan 2010
Herts
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Clearly we have different experiences- used Parallels to run Windows for several years with no problems. (Don’t understand the blub, blub, blub ?)

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Blub blue blub, tried a MAC / Win compatibility thing back in 2000, never managed to get it working. Much PC tech stuff goes over my head sadly even though I was in the IT Industry.
We have a lot in common Jon!

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Sheesh!
We have got a long way from the new receiver's.. :rolleyes:
IF it happens, you will be using a web browser to configure your receivers..

Seeing as your Mac's can obviously display this Forum, I see no reason to think that you will not be able to use it..
Siiimples! :nerd:

Now, did you all get them from Andy, or does anyone want anything bringing to Peterborough?

PhilP

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Sheesh!
We have got a long way from the new receiver's.. :rolleyes:

Seeing as your Mac's can obviously display this Forum, I see no reason to think that you will not be able to use it..
Siiimples! :nerd:

Now, did you all get them from Andy, or does anyone want anything bringing to Peterborough?

PhilP
Aha got you there, always use my iPad on the forum. Never used the Mac since I got an iPad so the current iMac has not browsed the forum. Though I expect it may if I have to.

So what is needed in addition to the Rx to be able to configure them on my PC?. If you say Sprog I will be blub blub blubbing again!

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Jon, it is a 'proposed' future development.. So don't hold your breath.

All part of the receptive, open to ideas, development on new products, being considered.

PhilP.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Jon, I can remember back in the early days of Mac emulation of Windows…. Things could get complicated with peripherals.
These days Parallels ( there are other emulation progs) is so easy to configure and fast with it.
What ever you have connected to your Mac by USB can be used by the emulated Windows ( nearly always even without the correct PC driver as it ‘sees’ the Mac connection as its own).
I used Mac with Parallels for programming Massoth and ESU decoders using their programming modules and PC software.
I have Windows XP as well as Windows 10 running in Parallels, (XP for those old PC progs that I do not want to update!).
So don’t worry, just get a copy of Patallels to suit your current Mac OS … Which OS are you using ?

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
That would be wonderful as long there is no physical connection needed between Rx and the computer/iPad. If it can connect with/through WiFi that would be super!