Massoth reverse loop module wiring problem.

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Evening all.
I've wired up a Massoth reverse loop module but any time I run power through it the MTS 3 flashes, presumably indicating a short. I've checked the wiring order many times, referring to the manual. As far as I can see, each wire is in the correct location. I'm not sure if it could be a dry soldered joint but would welcome other possible suggestions. Also I swapped round the + and - power feeds without any change.
Trevor

IMG_20220607_131202.jpgIMG_20220607_170351.jpg

craigwrdouglas2

Registered
29 Jun 2021
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I think the dc connection is for analogue operation. try it without that. (I'm fairly sure I'm not running dc to the little building that houses mine)

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
I think the dc connection is for analogue operation. try it without that. (I'm fairly sure I'm not running dc to the little building that houses mine)
Thanks Craig. Simple, I just have to look at the diagram! I assumed stupidly the Power 1 and Power 2 on the diagram meant that I ran track power into it. It must be a case that the more you look, the less you see.
Best wishes.
Trevor

craigwrdouglas2

Registered
29 Jun 2021
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Glad that helped. Mine's been in the little building for around 15 years so I'm impressed with the quality.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Indeed the in + - is where it gets track power from. When I did my mates one to save any hassle I used short bits of insulation from a spare bit of mains to make a code to each wire each end so that I could run the wires a good distance to have the unit in the shed. Oh yes I also used black wire for connecting it exclusively for cosmetic reasons.

ACD134

Medically Retired, G scale and 71/4 in the garden.
7 May 2019
UNITED KINGDOM
Best answers
Country flag
I was going to say, remove the DC connections. My unit has been running in the garden for about 10 years with no issues, however mine has diodes on the sensor tracks. Cab someone advise if the latest units have them built in?

craigwrdouglas2

Registered
29 Jun 2021
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I was going to say, remove the DC connections. My unit has been running in the garden for about 10 years with no issues, however mine has diodes on the sensor tracks. Cab someone advise if the latest units have them built in?

Hi, no I don't think the module has been updated in that way - the diodes are still optional with DCC operation.

I think such a change would mean the module couldn't be used with DC so probably wouldn't be a change they would likely make.

The manual is available from Massoth's website: 8157001 Reverse Loop Module – Massoth Elektronik GmbH

Last edited:

ACD134

Medically Retired, G scale and 71/4 in the garden.
7 May 2019
UNITED KINGDOM
Best answers
Country flag