Massoth & LGB Electrical Plugs Connectors Sockets

R. Wolfe

Registered
25 Jun 2017
Pennsylvania
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone know who makes the the electronic sockets & plugs that Massoth & LGB uses in their products? I am actually looking for the small 2, 3 & 4 wire female sockets that Massoth uses on there decoder boards so I can make some adapter boards for plug and play installations and won't have to cut or remove the factory plugs that LGB uses for there lights and other connections. I also want to make some extension cables. I can get the male ends with wires from Massoth but they don't seem to sell any female ends.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
For reference, they are MiniCT connectors and are from TE Connectivity.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
That's a great help, any chance you have any of their part numbers? There's so many models!

The name "mini ct" comes right up, and you can buy directly from them.

pr2058078.jpg
pr292207.jpg

So I have a 2 pole plug and 4 pole socket shown... you should be able to find what you want, perhaps except sockets with cables already attached.

example: Search Results | TE Connectivity

Greg

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Greg, sorry, I do not have any part numbers.

R. Wolfe

Registered
25 Jun 2017
Pennsylvania
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Greg, Mums. I am also looking for the all metal crimp or solder on connectors that come on the LGB 55021's, LS & L Decoder motor block wires. I believe they even use them on the LGB ball bearing wheels to pick up the track current for lighting. I had the manufactures name wrote down but I misplaced the paper. I found them a few years back thru a company called Newark Element 14 but using the brand name but they were only available from there UK store. I think minimum order at that time was $120 and i did not want to spend that amount just on those. I was recently on there website and for the life of me, can't find them anymore and can't remember the brand name either.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
AllAboutLGB.com has them. They are listed under cables and connectors. About $4.00 for ten. These are crimp-on (or could be soldered). I use the "B" crimp slot of an old Waldom stripper/crimper tool I have. It works great on these connectors folding the tabs back in on the wire's conductor and insulation. I'm sure TRAINLI and Only Trains (onlytrains.com) have them too.

Phil S.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I think Phil is talking about the connectors for the pins on the LGB motor-blocks..

R. Wolfe

Registered
25 Jun 2017
Pennsylvania
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks PhilP, that is correct. Phils, thanks for the information. I will see if I can find one of those tools as my crimping tool is not that great for those. I was really looking for the Manufacture name. I wanted to see what other products they make. Just an FYI for anyone that is curious. The slide switches inside the locomotive Cab's are made by the Chinese company named (PIC) Promotive Industrial Company. Not to be confused with PIC GmbH. Thanks to all that replied.