Electric W&L Countess, first pictures from Accucraft UK

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Mel
The instructions are on the side of the outer carton not in the one with the invoice. The one with the only name not supplied Counyess :(

:rofl:

Ran mine tonight and although a little bump through the R3 points frog it runs smooth as silk and silent. Sorry left the camera at home so no more pics yet. I tried a bump using two straights and yes it did stutter as it rocked over the joint losing contact for a moment. Are a retro fit pair of plungers a possibility John? Mind you fitting two brass wire wipers is going to be easy with that nice chassis spacer in just the right place.
It is a cracking model. :)

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Gorgeous pics of your railway Mel it looks fantastic in the right surroundings. I wish Dave hadn't mentioned two, even John was egging me on for two when I rang him the other week!
This has become equal favourite steamy with the big Harz tank!

knotty 823

Registered
24 May 2011
Best answers
Go on paul u know you want to lol you can't just have one mate

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I could go off you! . . . . . . . .
more to the point the missus might go off me after just going on hols without her! I think diplomacy, despite temptation and severe drooling has won. Now if a second batch happen in a couple of years time I could get the second one for the BIG birthday :rofl:

knotty 823

Registered
24 May 2011
Best answers
Ah yes your 50th lol you could always go for three and un westernise two :)

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Ha! Just because age crept up on you doesn't mean it's going to wind me up ;)

I think the perfect combination would be the Westernised front end with the original cab an safety valves. I was going to build two of the Dorset kit ones like that when I got distracted by this beasty and ordered it. Sold off most of the remaining 016.5 and concentrated on G for UK stuff. Now if I shifted the remaining On30 logging stuff that would pay for another one . . .

Ooh see what he did there he's got me drooling again

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Mel it looks fantastic, you must be really pleased. I have to say though it is a lovely model, but the environment you have created for it is what really sets it off in those pictures. Oh to have you talent and patience! Every time i see your layout I start to think about my yard area and what i could do with it....

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
PaulRhB said:
Mel
The instructions are on the side of the outer carton not in the one with the invoice.
Aha, cheers Paul, found them :clap:.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Just had another hour's running and she's running better all the time as everything gets loosened up and bedded in. I still have a couple of points (LGB R1, but taken on the straight track) where the loco stutters slightly going forwards, but in reverse it will now complete a lap and barely the sign of any hesitation. It has to be run slightly faster than I'm used to with my battery controlled loco's, but I suppose that's to be expected - reliable slow running being one of the main reasons I tried battery power in the first place. Best solution I've found is to actually drive the loco, not something I'm used to as I don't have any inclines on the WGLR. Not a problem though.

The main thing is that running is improving, in fact it's in a different league to 24 hours ago. Time to fit the name and number plates I think :D.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Hmm, looks alright I spose...

:D

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
brianthesnail96 said:
Hmm, looks alright I spose...

:D
Don't get too carried away Matt! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've got something on this afternoon James, but I do have a train in mind that I've been wanting to run for months, so that should generate some photos for this evening :clap:.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice loco Mel, although it makes the narrows look somewhat narrower....

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
oberinntalbahn said:
yb281 said:
Now the bit that I've been waiting for for months - some shots of the Countess crossing Church Street and passing through the Narrows.
Absolutely terrific Mel, if there had been locos and rolling stock like this about when I first started I'm not sure I would have bought any LGB :D
Thanks Nigel. My ultimate (train related) fantasy has always been that LGB would make some British outline stuff, but I can't see it happening I'm afraid - other than having a bash at Cambrai of course.

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
funandtrains said:
Having got several Accucraft track electric powered locos I find they all usually run well with lots of power at slow speeds. The weigh normally ensures good track contact. Being all metal construction they need to be run in more than plastic models.

Yes, the rule of thumb is not to judge performance 'till you have 10 hours of well lubricated running under your belt.

Happy steamings,

John

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Mel thats a lovely looking loco i'm going to have to have a stock rethink i think ive got to make some room for one, dead jelous

Tony

knotty 823

Registered
24 May 2011
Best answers
When merkin locomotive works were based at llanfair station I brought a garden railway mag from him and in it some one produced a plastic loco body in the shape of number 14 sierra leoane railway hunslets that fitted on a lgb2-6-2 chassis and sent model to lgb to see if they could produce it . Wouldn't be that hard to produce or sell me thinks nor would a model of sir Drefaldwyn on rugen chassis

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
knotty 823 said:
When merkin locomotive works were based at llanfair station
Think you mean Merlin Knotty - a Merkin is something entirely different? :rofl::rofl:

knotty 823

Registered
24 May 2011
Best answers
Phone wouldn't let put merlin in lol :)