can the lgb stainz make number 20201 be upgraded?

i like trains kid

im a g scale noob
29 Dec 2018
Michigan
Best answers
this is vary helpful stevedenver, thanks!

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Frankly, i just searched ebay, and while I didn’t find an “LGB euro sound box” , (well there IS one from UK for $349, very high imho) , i did find a sound stainz, with video link. $169,00. I thought the sound wasnt bad at all (versions vary. Imo told you simply cant tell until you hear the sound, ie ok or sandpaper)

For that price, i suggest you could buy the loco, have decent sound, zero brain damage, and....save $100 over doing a stand alone sound unit of any sort. The price, imho, is very good.

If i wasnt tapped out due to xmas, and more than a few indulgences, , id buy it myself.

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Here in the US I find that a single motor LGB engine can be run with the Zimo MX645 (fits inside the cab under the side window) which gives more realistic engine sounds due to it reading the back emf BEMF of the motor plus you get light, 3 watts audio, motor control and runs on dc or dcc. And costs about the same as the myloco sound.
For DC users there is one drawback, only 1 input sensor and I use this for the Whistle. BEMF works just fine for the motor sounds and I tune mine for 4 chuffs per revolution of the wheel. Since I have DCC I also do remote uncoupling with a servo and standard Kadee knuckle.

Reactions: 1 user