Automatic LGB turnout control circuit.

• Thread starter Scot Lawrence
  • Start date
P

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
And you don't need electrical switches or reverse modules for the reverse loops! A dogbone with common inner rail. Double clever!

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Great job, Scot! I know that in your case it's all dead-rail and thus a moot point, but am I right in thinking that this could just as easily be electrified if desired, with no polarity problems....?

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Great job, Scot! I know that in your case it's all dead-rail and thus a moot point, but am I right in thinking that this could just as easily be electrified if desired, with no polarity problems....?

Jon.
I think you could be right - it takes a couple to seconds to get your head around it, but I'm sure, yes, it would work electrically :nod: :nod:

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
I think you could be right - it takes a couple to seconds to get your head around it, but I'm sure, yes, it would work electrically :nod: :nod:

Yes, the inner one of the three rails remains the inner rail all round the loop (including where they meet at the "V"), so if we say that is the -ve, then both outer rails are just continuations of the outer rail of the loop, call that the +ve.... no conflicts or shorts anywhere that I can see!

Of course, the one thing it DOESN'T do (that a reverse loop does) is to reverse the direction of the train - but that isn't the intention anyway.

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Of course, the one thing it DOESN'T do (that a reverse loop does) is to reverse the direction of the train - but that isn't the intention anyway.

Jon.

Yes, that's the confusing bit when you're trying to think it out - draw it out and label the rails and its seeeemples :)