Trams: Is There Much Tramway Interest On Here??

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have just been on google maps, I hadn’t realised someone had moved the terminus, I am guessing they still need to cross the road to run round trailers?

Also gone seems to be the old goods shed.
I think they run round a bit nearer to where the Car Barn is, memory tells me the council wanted the MER to stop crossing the road. Superb joined up thinking by the council, lets make things more difficult for public transport. Though in truth the MER is less of a Transport but more of a Theme park line these days. Perhaps when the world has tipped past the environmental disaster point they may understand what a zero carbon method of public transport consists of.

Reactions: 1 user

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
The tram shed has gone -you can see it in the 2010 Streetview photo, but not the one from 2022 and yes, the Goods Shed has gone also :(.
Given the Manx ambivalence about 'old stuff' (including tram/railways) a backwards step is not a surprise. Look at what they tried to do with the horse trams on Douglas prom. In their defence, there just aren't the passenger numbers that there were in the heyday of rail transport on the Island.

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Haven't been on here for quite a while but a couple of photos of trams at the Ulster Transport Museum last week might be of interest.......

DSCF7528.JPG

DSCF7546.JPG

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
This is a copy of David's Pic of the Day for 29.07.23 showing a view of a 16mm tram kit on the Timpdon Models stand at the Midlands Garden Rail Show, Fosse Way, Warwick, 11.3.2023. I have included a link to their webpage for interest.
Timpdon Models

230729.JPG

David

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
This is a copy of David's Pic of the Day for 29.07.23 showing a view of a 16mm tram kit on the Timpdon Models stand at the Midlands Garden Rail Show, Fosse Way, Warwick, 11.3.2023. I have included a link to their webpage for interest.
Timpdon Models

View attachment 316435

David
A lovely looking model. I just wish I had the skills to do one justice. I know practice makes perfect but I still struggle with basic kits sometimes

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
A lovely looking model. I just wish I had the skills to do one justice. I know practice makes perfect but I still struggle with basic kits sometimes
They do sell them ready to run and painted, but at a higher price of course

David

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
At Peterborough, they were next to one of the other small manufacturers who had a very nice model of a small steam tram - oh so tempting to put the two together ;);)

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
You might be surprised how well you can do. My skills are not stellar, but I am quite happy with my wooden kit builds. My weak point is paint preparation and final finish, but the good thing is you can always just sand the thing down and give it another go.

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user