Trams: Is There Much Tramway Interest On Here??

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
I think it's glassed in, Mike.
Having now had a chance to re-view the photos on a decent sized screen rather than a 7" tablet I can detect some reflections on the glass I was unable to see before. I had visions of a Bachmann United tram becoming airborne with the first gust or alternatively plummeting to the garden/street below in the event of a derailment.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Modeltram meeting 2019 at the tramway museum Hannover Wehmingen.Sehnde. This movie shows around 40 minutes different trams on the big layout over there. Modelers from Germany and one rrom Netherlands showing and running their models.

G scale trams at tramway museum

Last edited:

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
Let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low ...
Donald, where are your troosers?
Aye, and just as my Scottish grandkids are about to turn up for the night.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Another set if Lockdown Vids, this time Brussels over the years. I was surprised by how much I reckognised from a Town like most that looks to be being perpetually rebuilt.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Another set if Lockdown Vids, this time Brussels over the years. I was surprised by how much I reckognised from a Town like most that looks to be being perpetually rebuilt.
Fascinating. Quite surprising how compared to 1910 by 1927 the internal combustion engine had taken over. Hardly a horse to be seen whereas in 1910 there were plenty of 3-hp buses and most goods wagons were pulled by horse. I guess partly due to all the horses being slaughtered in WWI but it was quite a revolution. The people in 1910 seem much happier it seemed to me.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
The people in 1910 seem much happier it seemed to me.
The greater the improvement in public health, and wealth, the more miserable and antagonistic people seem to become :mm::mm::mm::mm:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
The people in 1910 seem much happier it seemed to me.
There was an awful lot of hardship in 1910, so I think we're far better off now! It could be that as photography and film were a relatively new thing, people were still smiling when they saw a camera. Now says its cooler to be photographed looking glum

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
There was an awful lot of hardship in 1910, so I think we're far better off now! It could be that as photography and film were a relatively new thing, people were still smiling when they saw a camera. Now says its cooler to be photographed looking glum
Could be I was so interested in the 1910 views if all the guys in the midfle of the track waiting for their next opportunity to throw a switch. What a job!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Impressive to watch the gent who asked a question of Mr Plod, and then politely touched his hat in parting.

Also, a marvellous moment when the big black limo had an oops with a tram coming in the opposite direction - Mr P was clearly not impressed.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Could be I was so interested in the 1910 views if all the guys in the midfle of the track waiting for their next opportunity to throw a switch. What a job!
But what fun when the sun is shining! And just imagine how much poo they'd be in if they got it wrong.

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Best answers
Country flag
Lovely to see these views of Brussels through the years, thanks for posting! Apparently the big limo was in a hurry.

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone have an LGB tram they could take a selection of photos of so I can see the level of detail they have, from what I have seen they look very nice but quite basic in detail, and at the price they seem to attract I am not yet convinced they are the models for me to spend my hard earned £'s on.
I do like the Bachmann ones and as I am re-motoring my models with axle hung traction motors the poor to average truck reliability isn't a concern for me.

Just to give folks an idea of my interest in trams, my wife refuses to ever visit Prague with me again, I can go on my own or anyone else who is daft enough but apparently never ever again with me, he he. Zagreb however she will go back one more time, strange beast these wives ;-)

I don't suppose anyone on hear has 3D cad skills and fancies knocking up a 1:22.5 scale drawing of a Ringhoffer tram or two?

Anyhow, I'm deviating again, any photos of LGB tram models would be appreciated, thanks.

David

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone have an LGB tram they could take a selection of photos of so I can see the level of detail they have, from what I have seen they look very nice but quite basic in detail, and at the price they seem to attract I am not yet convinced they are the models for me to spend my hard earned £'s on.
I do like the Bachmann ones and as I am re-motoring my models with axle hung traction motors the poor to average truck reliability isn't a concern for me.

Just to give folks an idea of my interest in trams, my wife refuses to ever visit Prague with me again, I can go on my own or anyone else who is daft enough but apparently never ever again with me, he he. Zagreb however she will go back one more time, strange beast these wives ;-)

I don't suppose anyone on hear has 3D cad skills and fancies knocking up a 1:22.5 scale drawing of a Ringhoffer tram or two?

Anyhow, I'm deviating again, any photos of LGB tram models would be appreciated, thanks.

David
Your wish and all that.
First up a Trailer that uses the same body just different roof with no Pan. This is quite an oldie as you can tell from the Couplings. I use 2 of these as Trailers for my 2 venerable Deltang Powered Steam Trams.
84C8D503-5C70-4800-A344-70E63505CE61.jpeg
7490AB9B-D73F-478D-9A35-8790663341F2.jpeg8C840478-E3AB-4BF8-AD5F-984EDEF895C9.jpeg
Then comes the sort with enclosed ends much like your beloved Ringhoffer, this is a rather immaculate specimen from the Tram Works box Set (including Tower Wagon) which is amongst my to sell when I get round to it selection. LGB ref 22355. I also have a 2 car Tram and Trailer set but with the open ends in that stuff to move on.
773E313A-F8CB-4763-9B33-1AA83687AE93.jpegE3CF4F1A-5CA2-44C2-9797-1964AD3F4A0B.jpeg6CEF57F8-359A-4352-819F-8A72558FA599.jpeg
EDIT Just looked at some prices on Ebay, yes silly money not much cheeper than New original ones.

Last edited:

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Your wish and all that.
First up a Trailer that uses the same body just different roof with no Pan. This is quite an oldie as you can tell from the Couplings. I use 2 of these as Trailers for my 2 venerable Deltang Powered Steam Trams.
View attachment 283137
View attachment 283138View attachment 283139
Then comes the sort with enclosed ends much like your beloved Ringhoffer, this is a rather immaculate specimen from the Tram Works box Set (including Tower Wagon) which is amongst my to sell when I get round to it selection. LGB ref 22355. I also have a 2 car Tram and Trailer set but with the open ends in that stuff to move on.
View attachment 283140View attachment 283141View attachment 283142
Rhanks for the photos, they are basically what I was expecting, thanks.
The older one definitely has less detail than the newer one below, I'd end up changing quite a few bits to get what I want. It's a horse for courses thing, I want to try and get as much detail as possible in to my models, it's the little things like grab handles for standing passengers, aye most folk don't worry about this detail but as my wife says I'm different.

The newer model doesn't look like it would need as much work, the platform gate would need replacing and some tools etc with it being a works car. Do the lights work on the LGB cars.

Something I need to put a bit more thought into is couplings, I don't know if I want hands off coupling/un-coupling but I do want couplings which better represent the prototype and then their is the electrical connections for trailers which I have a few ideas for.

Aye this up scaling is a big step up from 7mm scale, I just need to see where it's going to take me.

Thanks, David

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag

David
I'll be in touch David. On the hunt ATM for some bits (including potential tram staff!). Not into CAD but I do have a scanner and photocopier.
IMG_20210402_105918.jpg

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
The main difference is in the quality of the build. Look too closely at a Bachmann tram & something falls off. With an LGB tram, if it falls off the bench you pick it up and carryon. You get what you pay for.