Trams: Is There Much Tramway Interest On Here??

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
I have recently acquired around half a dozens LGB Trams, it was a case of an all or nothing purchase!

Now I realise that I am unlikely to ever use them all so I am considering selling some of them, I was cconsidering listing them in the Private Sales section, but if there is not that much Tram interest, thought it may be more sensible to go straight to an auction site.

Any feedback most welcome

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
I get the impression there is a fair bit of tramway interest on here but I don't know if that translates to willingness to buy LGB examples.
I don't think it'll cost you anything to find out though.

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
I get the impression there is a fair bit of tramway interest on here but I don't know if that translates to willingness to buy LGB examples.
I don't think it'll cost you anything to find out though.
Its not the cost that bothers me its the time, and the fact that when Anything is listed on here ,I find that the listing is often hijcked with irrelevant posts! I have often suggested that the sales section should be limited to posts by the seller only and replies are sent by PM or emails as the instructions suggest.

This is the system many other forum sales sections employ.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Nothing like a good thread hi-jack - it used to keep the forum alive :party::party::party::party:

However, I'm not sure that you've asked the right question, Steve. There may be quite a bit of tram interest, but how much tram activity, that might turn into tram purchasers, is another question altogether.

Tram interest is high, and tram modelling is often met with appreciation. I'm not sure that actually translates into such a high number of tramways or railways.

As Neil says, advertise and take the punt - can always revert to evilbay later ;););)

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
I will more than likely use eBay First!! The last 5 items I listed for sale on here were sold, but on eBay, which is the reason for my original query re Tram interest.

What i find is when I sell something on eBay I ask the buyer if they are a GSC Member 9 times out of 10 they have not even heard of it, I am aware that several new members have joined up as a result.
It indicates to me that there are probably many more G scale modellers out there who need to be converted.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Hands up those who have an unfinished Ochre tram sitting arond and need a little re-motivation to get it finished. Or an LGB, Aristo, Bachmann, Lilliput example. Or even a live steam GVT or similar example. Then there are those other nice scratch built examples tha surface here from time to time. I think most of us have a little place for tram on our lines. Max........owner of a part built Ochre kit. Past owner of an LGB New Orleans streetcar.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I too have sold stuff on Ebay and through communication with the buyer, find most of them do not belong to a forum. A few have since joined.

Pity, Tramcar Trev is no longer a member.

I think tram or streetcar layouts are fascinating and can be an operators delight.

Reactions: 1 user

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
I will declare an interest, but whether that interest will ever be more than passing is hard to say. Tram section? Worth a try in my book.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Trams fascinate me - it's just that I've never had a tram layout, having only had a working railway for a few years :sweating::sweating::sweating:

fridge

Registered
15 Jan 2012
Sussex
Best answers
I don't own any tram models but I do have a mild interest in them, particularly systems and former systems of Oporto, Lisbon, Bratislava and Kraków so I would be interested to see what excites other forum members.

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
I started G scale with a tram layout. Unfortunately at shows I bought items that were too big for the tramway so had to build a layout in the garden. Trams are still taken to shows. Tight bends are no problem & short trains are the norm.

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Ive got 3 G scale trams - The two Bachmann cars and an LGB works car, together with the HLW and LGB steeple cab electric locos. The Bachmann ones have more or less become display models only, despite them being the first 2 G scale items I ever purchased - both whilst on holiday in the US - long before a garden line was even thought of. The other three items do see occasional use, which may increase if I get round to putting some overhead wires up on part of the line.
Allways have been interested in trams, which helps explain going on holiday to lovely scenic places like this...........

15-675.jpg

Brixham

No buffers were hurt at this sign
27 Aug 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Hands up those who have an unfinished Ochre tram sitting arond and need a little re-motivation to get it finished.

Me! I have a Soller tram......bought this year in Soller....it's still in it's box....bought as ( another! ) winter project

maybe we should all get together with our glue pots and assemble them!

I have seen a nice automatic layout in Sussex with Ochre trams

Malcolm

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
005.JPG 004.JPG 003.JPG I knew it someone has mentioned Soller again!!! We used to there reqularly but not been for a while now, i am going to have to borrow some airmiles!!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
The Ocre Soller tram kit is mildly interesting as it is not that far away from a Brill car :wondering::wondering::wondering::wondering::wondering:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Nothing on trams for ages.. Then three of you pop-up together!! ;):giggle::giggle:

Hat, coat, door!!

Mind you, I did purchase a copy of The Railway Magazine, as I am originally from Nottingham and there is an article on the two new lines they have opened..
Was there another 'tram' person who was after travelling on all the tram routes?? - Bit like the Branch-Line Society.

I had thought of mentioning it on here..
<Thread drift warning>
There is also an article about the release of 'Big Boy' 4014, and its' restoration..

In fact, quite a bit of interest..

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
011.JPG 010.JPG 009.JPG Heres a couple to shock some!! No Trolley poles, Modernised under G Scale rule 8 conditions

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Given the non-operational plastic trolley pole they come with, your upgrade is a vast improvement if you want catenary operation. I did the same thing to my New Orleans trolley.