The EG&SNNRly

Latest milestone in the life of the EG&SNNR was getting the address of the LGB Allegra reprogrammed on my Massoth Central Station which, like many others, was causing me hassles but after messaging with Keith RhB I got the new address properly reprogrammed. Many thanks Keith, your help was very much appreciated.

The Allegra needed to stretch is legs and was soon out and about but can`t understand how it got onto the HSB...... or the RhB got onto HSB:

View attachment 202136

Later the Allegra was seen up in the mountains:

View attachment 202138

View attachment 202140

Excuse me kieth but what is the steam engine in the first photo and who is it made by??

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Hello TB1,

On the post you have quoted above the loco is a HSB (either 99-6101 or 99-6102) 0-6-0T made by Kiss.

TrainLine have recently released one of these locos in plastic and is supposed to be doing the other one sometime in the future.

merlin

Model (all scales) & 12":1'
17 Jan 2013
Somerset (occasionally in Spain)
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Keith, smashing railway (sorry, in view of the derailment, perhaps a poor turn of phrase!) but seriously it looks fantastic, I'm sure that you are very happy to have it operational again. I hope that you continue to have many happy hours 'playing' trains. (with no more rock falls)

Reactions: 1 user

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
The investigation into the recent derailment on the EG&SNNR has been concluded and cause of the derailment has been determined.

A couple of evenings ago the security lights in the back garden were activated and a fox was seen walking the track around the base of Big Mountain and seen disappearing into the tunnel where the DR train was derailed.

The rock that had been dislodged had been placed the protect a wiring box at the exit to the tunnel and had presumably been disturbed by the fox as it exited the tunnel. The wiring box has since been properly secured.

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Since the above derailment not many trains have been running on the EG&SNNR as I've decided to get the cement mixer working and do some structional rebuilding work. The biggest project so far has been sorting out the sidings in the bottom of the garden which, before the work started, looked like this:

TerminalLoop-90.jpg

Being at ground level the biggest problem was flooding after heavy rain which damaged some of the point motors. In addition it wasn't that easy putting rolling stock on the track and which, 12 years later, was not getting any easier.

So, it was decided to bite the bullet and raise the track to avoid flooding in future and make it easier getting stock on and off the layout. After a couple of weeks it looked like this:

TerminalLoop-23.jpg

The track on the upper level (against the brick wall) circles around as it descends and reappears in the bottom right hand corner. One of the tracks (in front of the bench) continues round, crosses the descending track and disappears up the garden.

As the garden slopes downwards from right to left the problem was to keep the new track level as it made its way round so it was decided that were the tracks crossed was to be the datum level so that's where everything started and once that was done the new trackbed was started:

TerminalLoop-03.jpg

More will follow.........

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
It wasn't all work, the odd train did make an appearance:

BerninaExpress-16.jpg

RhB-Infra-01.jpg

That's it for now, back to work......

Reactions: 2 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
So, it was decided to bite the bullet and raise the track to avoid flooding in future and make it easier getting stock on and off the layout. After a couple of weeks it looked like this:

View attachment 214940

In that second picture, it has the distinct appearance that you have mastered the Celcon traverser :D:D:D:D:D:D

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
It's nice to see developments still taking place Keith. At one point I was beginning to think we might have lost you.

Thanks for the post Nigel, no chance of losing me..... apart from me becoming a slave of the cement mixer.

Got some other matters sorted last month and decided that it was time I got back to improving certain parts of the railway which I had been thinking about but doing nothing for ages. It's amazing what you can do when you get the mojo!!

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
Whilst in the South of England the other week, we were invited to visit this railway with Alan (stockers) and Jon (dunnyrail) We had a very enjoyable 4 hours in the sunshine running trains and chatting, and what a railway it is, love the spirals and to have 4 trains running continually and at times not being able to see any of them just makes you realise how big this line is. I only took a few snaps as the 4 hours flew by. Many thanks for your hospitality and having us Keith.

P1040086.JPG P1040090.JPG
P1040084.JPG P1040085.JPG P1040091.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Steve,

Many thanks for the posting together with the pictures. It was great seeing you, Alan and Jon so many thanks for dropping in on your way to the Baie de Somme. We were certainly lucky with the weather.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves just as much as I enjoyed seeing you. It was the first time that I had stood back and actually watched others running the trains. It was great. Many thanks.

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
Always a pleasure to see pictures of your excellent railway Keith. More please.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Whilst in the South of England the other week, we were invited to visit this railway with Alan (stockers) and Jon (dunnyrail) We had a very enjoyable 4 hours in the sunshine running trains and chatting, and what a railway it is, love the spirals and to have 4 trains running continually and at times not being able to see any of them just makes you realise how big this line is. I only took a few snaps as the 4 hours flew by. Many thanks for your hospitality and having us Keith.

View attachment 215679 View attachment 215680
View attachment 215682 View attachment 215683 View attachment 215681
Keith many thanks from me too. Was a great afternoon in the Sun. Thoroughly enjoyed allowing Faster Trains to pass mine by backing into the Siding to let them by. Just like Goeteweg in the Harz. Also thanks for continuous supply of Tea and Biccies.
JonD

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Always a pleasure to see pictures of your excellent railway Keith. More please.

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the posting, much appreciated. Some more pictures of some trains running this year:

OBB-JaffaWhizzyCranks-09.jpg

2016TrackaPowerFirsts-02.jpg

DB-V200-06.jpg

BerninaMixed-02.jpg

DB-TEE-04.jpg

DR-Ludmilla-16.jpg

TestRunning-09.jpg

Not quite as atmospheric as the pictures of your trains Paul!!

Reactions: 4 users

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
Dunno about that Keith.....

Your railway has long sweeping curves and expansive bridges and as the pictures above all show, all your top quality locos and stock looks fantastic on it.

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Dunno about that Keith.....

Your railway has long sweeping curves and expansive bridges and as the pictures above all show, all your top quality locos and stock looks fantastic on it.

He's right you know :)

Reactions: 1 users

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Now that winter seems to be well and truly over I have been giving Keith a hand with a new running facility. Just a few pictures of the entertainment whilst we work.

DSCF1292 (Small).JPG DSCF1295 (Small).JPG DSCF1296 (Small).JPG DSCF1299 (Small).JPG DSCF1300 (Small).JPG DSCF1307 (Small).JPG DSCF1309 (Small).JPG DSCF1303 (Small).JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
Great pictures Alan, nice to see Keith's line up and running, great stock......:inlove::inlove:

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Many thanks Alan for posting the pics. Many of your pictures were from spots where I don't normally take pictures which makes for interesting viewing.

Now this thread has be reactivated I'll post more picks here on a regular basis. First some from Friday's Austrian session:

ZillerBahnBeerTrain-01.jpg

ZillerBahnBeerTrain-02.jpg

ZillerBahnBeerTrain-03.jpg ZillerBahnBeerTrain-04.jpg

ZillerBahnBeerTrain-08.jpg ZillerBahnBeerTrain-09.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Love that second to last picture Keith. Rule 8 on tracks running everywhere, but doesn't it look fun.