The EG&SNNRly

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Madman said:
Very nice indeed ! Plenty of action going on there.

I agree :D

Registered
21 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
Nice to see the EG&SNNR back in operation, Keith. Got that Mh6 running yet? ;)

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for your message Bruce. Have had the Mh6 running on the rollers on analogue :) but not yet plucked up the courage to install the sound decoder :(.

Must add it to my list of things to do this winter. Promise :happy:

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Absolutely magic. :happy:

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Latest milestone in the life of the EG&SNNR was getting the address of the LGB Allegra reprogrammed on my Massoth Central Station which, like many others, was causing me hassles but after messaging with Keith RhB I got the new address properly reprogrammed. Many thanks Keith, your help was very much appreciated.

The Allegra needed to stretch is legs and was soon out and about but can`t understand how it got onto the HSB...... or the RhB got onto HSB:

HSB&RhB-001.jpg

Later the Allegra was seen up in the mountains:

RhBAllegra-04jpg.jpg

RhBAllegra-03jpg.jpg

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
KentKeith said:
Later the Allegra was seen up in the mountains
Seems like a natural habitat ;)
Nice pix

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Now we've moved to the new forum looks as though some previous pictures have been lost whilst others have been triplicated. Lets see what happens when the following pic of the Zillertalnahn running on the EG&SNNR:
ZillerBahn05.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Week ago last Sunday, although not a current member of the G Scale Society, drove up to the GSS Kent Group Running Day at the Pratts Bottom Village Hall and met up with Stockers and collected from him my Harz Kamel into which he had very kindly installed a Massoth Sound Decoder and Power Buffer.

The sun was shining when I got home so it was time to send the Kamel round the track on a proving run:

HSB-Kamel-01.jpg

HSB-Kamel-02.jpg

HSB-Kamel-03.jpg

All went well until the Kamel carefully approached the Covered Bridge when it became obvious that the loco was not going to get through the bridge:

HSB-Kamel-04.jpg

Out came the snippers and files and soon the Kamel was on its way round the rest of the railway:

HSB-Kamel-05.jpg

HSB-Kamel-06.jpg

The Kamel performed faultlessly and was left to trundle round the layout for an hour or so.

Yesterday afternoon being nice and sunny decided that it was time to give the Kamel another run and was soon seen climbing the mountains catching the later afternoon sun. Dr. Piko seems to be a happy bunny!!

HSB-Kamel-08.jpg

Couple of circuits of the track later Dr. Piko was not a happy bunny - the Kamel decided the jump the track approaching a trailing point taking a couple of coaches with it. This was the first prang on the EG&SNNR since service was resumed last month and investigation proved that it was the Kamel's fault - one of the pick-up skates had lodged itself in the frog of the point and stopped the train rather abruptly. Further investigation showed that there was no spring in the pick-up mechanism. As the loco had been run before on the RMMES, the Ochsenwaldbahn as well as the EG&SNNR either the spring came adrift or, most probably, was not there in the first place. Another job to tackle.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr dc rail

I'm New, Please Be Gentle
26 Aug 2015
leicestershire
Best answers
Nice railway looks great like the large bridge

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
I fitted LGB Skates to my Kamel Keith - the loco runs better for it. This is due to the better shape and quality of stainless steel in each skate - the loco doesn't stall like it did now in spite of the filthy aluminium wheels.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I fitted LGB Skates to my Kamel Keith - the loco runs better for it. This is due to the better shape and quality of stainless steel in each skate - the loco doesn't stall like it did now in spite of the filthy aluminium wheels.

You named your Kamel Keith??

Reactions: 1 users

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent pictures Keith. I think Pauls idea of using LGB skates is worth looking into, I certainly will be.

Reactions: 1 user

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
If the Kamel don't fit, enlarge the eye of the needle.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Confucius, he say:
"It is easier to get a Kamel through the eye of a needle, than a red-box past a SWMBO."
:eek::giggle:

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Does not seem possible that no pictures have been posted for a month, just don't know where the time has gone.

Couple of weeks ago was helping a friend exhibit his O-gauge German layout at the Beckenham and West Wickham MRC show and collected one of the new LGB DEV coach and wagon pack from Andy at Kent Garden Rail. With the warm sunny weather we had down here in the far southeast corner this last weekend thought it was perfect time to let the DEV have the run of the EG&SNNR. On the Saturday the DEV Spreewald 2-6-0T was stretching its legs:

DEV-SpreeWald-02.jpg

DEV-SpreeWald-01.jpg

DEV-SpreeWald-05.jpg

DEV-SpreeWald-04.jpg

On Sunday it was the turn of the Tssd 0-4-4-0T to provide the motive power:

DEV-TSSD-02.jpg

DEV-TSSD-01.jpg DEV-TSSD-03.jpg

DEV-TSSD-04.jpg

DEV-TSSD-05.jpg

First time that trains have been running on the EG&SNNR in November. Happy bunny........

Reactions: 2 users

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Great pictures Keith - and the weather.

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
Nice pics Keith.
Hopefully you can run trains all year round.
Always look forward to your pictures of your line.

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Its been a long time since this thread has been updated. Since last November some extra power feeds have been laid and work has been done tidying up the infrastructure.

Trains have been running this year but disaster did hit the EG&SNNR. The DR Krokodil was despatched with a rake of express coaches whilst I was doing some work hidden away in one corner of the garden. About 15 minutes Iater realised the train had not reappeared so investigations were commenced.

Soon the train was found stationary outside the tunnel:

Disaster-04.jpg

Moving round to the front of the train disaster had struck:

Disaster-03.jpg

Luckily no damage was done to the loco, the crew and passengers.

Further updates of progress on the EG&SNNR will follow..........

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Oops!
Looking really good Keith

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009