Best answers
Country flag

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Need…..some…..

tank cars for sherry, (or better still, cognac).

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
?

Oh, sorry!
You said "Schooner"!

PhilP

Hal Farsed

D.P. Gumby.
7 Apr 2014
Staffordshire, England.
Best answers
Country flag
Front elevation diagrams of the Trifle factory have just been delivered. As it is the late 1950s, the original plan to refurbish the bombed out factory has been scrapped in favour of a new factory. Second floor units (L/R) are extraction, blank, window, window. First floor are all windows and Ground is window, door, window, blank.

(Each square is 120 x 120mm and in the "white heat of technology" will be prefabricated off site and fastened to a frame, much like Stanier house in Birmingham.)

I'm really not sure if this will look OK, but I will have a go.

trifle factory.JPG

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Front elevation diagrams of the Trifle factory have just been delivered. As it is the late 1950s, the original plan to refurbish the bombed out factory has been scrapped in favour of a new factory. Second floor units (L/R) are extraction, blank, window, window. First floor are all windows and Ground is window, door, window, blank.

(Each square is 120 x 120mm and in the "white heat of technology" will be prefabricated off site and fastened to a frame, much like Stanier house in Birmingham.)

View attachment 3081940

Interesting. Remenicent of the Turner prize winning artist Rachel Whiteread's work This is an example of her work exhibited at the Tate Britain not so long ago. It's fun trying to get your head around her work Max

rw12_jivlM87.width-1200.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Hal Farsed

D.P. Gumby.
7 Apr 2014
Staffordshire, England.
Best answers
Country flag
Interesting. Remenicent of the Turner prize winning artist Rachel Whiteread's work This is an example of her work exhibited at the Tate Britain not so long ago. It's fun trying to get your head around her work Max

View attachment 308195

Wow, thats stunning. And bonkers. :)

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag

View attachment 308195
Well, I'm not sure I get it. Like I didn't get Sy Twambly's scribbling all over the Philadelphia Museum Of Art's walls.....:giggle:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Well, I'm not sure I get it. Like I didn't get Sy Twambly's scribbling all over the Philadelphia Museum Of Art's walls.....:giggle:
It's definitely art, it was produced by an artist!
But, I modern art is there to make you think. In general it does, whether or not your thoughts are in line with what the artist is trying to say, is exactly the point.

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag

View attachment 308195
so that's what happened to all the leftover styrofoam packaging o_O

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag

View attachment 308194
Although it's not in low relief, if you look here between 7mins and 9mins (and elsewhere), you'll see the idea on the large building with the clock and balcony cafe,

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Although it's not in low relief, if you look here between 7mins and 9mins (and elsewhere), you'll see the idea on the large building with the clock and balcony cafe,

Mostly tinplate tends to run too fast, but the considered steady running in this vid allows one to appreciate the rumbling and rock n roll of tinplate. Wonderful.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Mostly tinplate tends to run too fast, but the considered steady running in this vid allows one to appreciate the rumbling and rock n roll of tinplate. Wonderful.
As I said on the HRCA forum, even the sound is impressive.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
It's definitely art, it was produced by an artist!
But, I modern art is there to make you think. In general it does, whether or not your thoughts are in line with what the artist is trying to say, is exactly the point.

About twenty years ago, I supervised the renovation of the Modern Art gallery at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. I love art. I'm not too bad at it myself. That said, a display of chipped plaster from the wall of the gallery spread out on a low platform, as if a person took a chisel and chipped a path about eight inches wide and eight feet up the wall, is stretching it for me. A urinal mounted on another wall, a bicycle wheel also wall mounted, a relic sculpture of the torso of a man with all his junk, less his legs and head in purple, simply doesn't do it for me.

The artists name escapes me at the moment, but his piece was a rather large piece of laminated glass with some abstract lines running through it, mounted between two posts. It was transported to the museum and broke on it's way here. When presented with the damaged piece he said, "I like it, display it as it is".

Jackson Pollock threw buckets of paint against a wall and he became famous. My grandchildren splash water colored paints everywhere but on the paper and it's Oh my god !

I like symmetry. But it's fine if someone else likes chaos. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Hal Farsed

D.P. Gumby.
7 Apr 2014
Staffordshire, England.
Best answers
Country flag
Couple of prints of the Brutalist Trifle factory wall units.

LHS is the large window opening used on all but the ground floor
RHS is the ground floor window designed for privacy.
On the printer is a blank section with no windows.
They are 120mm square, as my printer only does 150mm square and I have learnt not to go right to its limits. I'm going to require about a dozen just to give a flavour of the design. I am going to use 10mm square section wooden dowling to frame each unit. then slop some vaguely concrete colour on it all.

DSCF0003.JPGDSCF0007.JPG