The CBR Line is Born..

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
That looks great Sid. I like the track down the back of the station.
Your reverse curves appear to have straights in between - so no problem.

Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
MMmmm - that coffee mug looks empty - bad move :swear::swear:

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
My Return Loop now behind the Shed laid very temporary to see if it fits :)

Train 29-04-2017-3.jpg

Went for one line in front of the Second station and one behind so if I go to single line running the back line just gets removed.

Train 29-04-2017-2.jpg

Calluna now open for passengers.

Train 29-04-2017.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I do like that station..
:envy:;):clap::clap::clap:

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I do like that station..
:envy:;):clap::clap::clap:

Thanks, tomorrow it gets tested to see if it's waterproof according to the weather forecast for our area :)

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Back to the drawing board this week think I sort of have a plan that gets the line behind the Garden Shed to turn around misses SWIMBO's Flowering current tree, and just leaves enough room to squeeze in between the first bride and the corner of the shed, to clear the line and clean it.

A chain saw would have been an easier option to get round the tree :wasntme: just have no idea how to support the curve bits yet.

train 03-05-2017.jpg .

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
... just have no idea how to support the curve bits yet.
Some form of anti-grav device, automatically adjustable for variations in the planet's magnetic flux and mass of the trains. :nerd:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Some form of anti-grav device, automatically adjustable for variations in the planet's magnetic flux and mass of the trains. :nerd:

If you crack that one, you'll be rich enough to buy all the trains you want..... ;)

Jon.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag

Are they available on Evilbay :)

Frank Gallagher

Well matured physically if not mentally
1 Jun 2016
Chatsworth
Best answers
Yes but you need a sonic screwdriver to install!

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
You mean a plank of wood then!

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Made a Bridge this week, Isambard would be proud of it ROFL..it fills the hole for now winters project to made a proper one.

Train 06-05-2017.jpg

Swimbo's plant seems to have moved from when I measured it..... so had a redesign decided to raise the whole area to support the track all the bits of wood and bricks will disappear when the whole area gets raised, more civil engineering :)

Train 06-05-2017-2.jpg

Ignore the points on the Left I ran out of curves :)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Made a Bridge this week, Isambard would be proud of it ROFL..it fills the hole for now winters project to made a proper one.

View attachment 222555

Swimbo's plant seems to have moved from when I measured it..... so had a redesign decided to raise the whole area to support the track all the bits of wood and bricks will disappear when the whole area gets raised, more civil engineering :)

View attachment 222556

Ignore the points on the Left I ran out of curves :)
Looking good - ideally you want a short straight between the curves on a reverse curve :nod::nod::nod:

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I thought the point was for a future expansion!

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Great railway,coming on really well ;);).....As for bridge builds even Mr. Brunel had to start somewhere!!?:p:p

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Looking good - ideally you want a short straight between the curves on a reverse curve :nod::nod::nod:

Going to play with the curve once the bed has been finished and filled to see it I can get a better shape also going to try to get a straighter line from the curve that leaves the bridge to where it joins into the curve around the tree...but had to join it up so I could run Train's again :)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Going to play with the curve once the bed has been finished and filled to see it I can get a better shape also going to try to get a straighter line from the curve that leaves the bridge to where it joins into the curve around the tree...but had to join it up so I could run Train's again :)
Yep, bodgers like me would do a bit of belly bending to ease the curves - works a treat ;););)

Even with the 150 ft of second hand flexi-track that I bought to help complete the WWNR, it was easier to belly bend the flexi rather than use the previously enjoyed rail bender :rock::rock::rock:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Yep, bodgers like me would do a bit of belly bending to ease the curves - works a treat ;););)

Even with the 150 ft of second hand flexi-track that I bought to help complete the WWNR, it was easier to belly bend the flexi rather than use the previously enjoyed rail bender :rock::rock::rock:

What radius is a 'Rhino-belly'?
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Reactions: 1 users