The CBR Line is Born..

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Are the rivets printed as well? - A really cruel close-up, but an impressive finish to a 3D print.

If the rivits were part of a Resin printed part then yes, if they are on a FDM printed part like the cab sides then No, I stuck them on individually, I need more practice at doing them :)

musket the dog

Professional engineer, amateur modeler
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
The new motive power looks great Sid, a very quick turn around on the build too.

What brand of paint have you used for the brass details? I've tried a couple but somehow they are simulatanouesly too thin to build the colour well and too thick to flow properly. Your's looks very neat.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
The new motive power looks great Sid, a very quick turn around on the build too.

What brand of paint have you used for the brass details? I've tried a couple but somehow they are simulatanouesly too thin to build the colour well and too thick to flow properly. Your's looks very neat.

Thanks everything is car paints except the Brass color, that is vallejo Model acrylic colours, and sprayed with a matt varnish to seal it, I have used various other Vallejo colors to paint people with and they are left outside and seem OK, but all sealed with matt varnish, so gave the Brass colour a try.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
It's skill.. Time spent homing your skill at your hobby, in a medium or style that suits you.
I intend to steal ideas off everyone.
As always..

Ps.. A tutorial on cad would be magnificent.. I can print of thingyverse, I have a pc.. Can I use cad.. No

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
It's skill.. Time spent homing your skill at your hobby, in a medium or style that suits you.
I intend to steal ideas off everyone.
As always..

Ps.. A tutorial on cad would be magnificent.. I can print of thingyverse, I have a pc.. Can I use cad.. No

Thanks Mike, I use Autodesk 3ds Max for all my modelling as that is what I use for work, costs a few pennies, so Tinker cad or the like might be a better option there are a few free ones about with lots of tutorials When I used to teach people to use CAD , I always told them theres only three things it draws, a Circle, a Line and Text, once you master those three basic things you can draw anything you want :)

The Tinker

Every day I wake up is a good day
6 Feb 2014
Whangamata New Zealand
Very inspiring. I am just getting back into modelling. I have been working in brass wood and plasticard and I am looking seriously at a 3d printer. I reckon covering all bases Some parts printed some in metal and some in styrene. To me it looks like a heap of options. A good printer is so cheap at the moment, So why not I am almost 60 and i reckon it is time to learn some new skills

How have I missed this so far! Fantastic cad work there it takes a lot of patience to do all those details especially rivet detailing. Its sad to hear some derogatory comments towards 3d printing as a modelling medium but i think you're correct in saying its probably not understood as to the work that still goes into these models. Ive noticed people seem to think that models just magically appear in your computer and then somehow turn into a finished unit as soon as you pull it off the bed. the many many hours sanding and individually adding handrails etc says otherwise! keep up the great work

Reactions: 1 user