The CBR Line is Born..

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Wet cold day today, so worked on the station, Second platform all painted, lamp posts fitted and wired ready to install, fingers crossed dry weather tomorrow.

Windows came this week so made inner support frames and window sills and painted and fitted 7 of them 10 to go. Brass door signs came so made a new door with a wider center bar so the signs would fit, Not sure now whether to fit them on the doors or above the doors ? they still look big fitted to the doors.

Train 25-02-2017.jpg

Above the doors ? also got some water proof advertising signs, they are the size I wanted but are fuzzy :( was hoping they would be sharp printed maybe I expect to much..

Train 25-02-2017-2.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
A Dry day :) so second platform installed and screwed down to the hardwood supports, wiring connected back to junction box and tested all works, shame somebody forgot to run the power line to the junction box when he relayed the patio last year. Will have to think about that one.

Train 26-02-2017-2.jpg

Test fit of station main building just to get an idea what it looks like, I think planning permission for the footbridge at Buxus might have been revoked this year :D time to find plants now and get this line running..

Train 26-02-2017.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
That's just looking nicer and nicer all the time, Sid.... :)

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I do like that Sid!
:clap::clap::clap:

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
All 17 windows painted, glazed, inner sill boards fitted, inner surrounds done and at last in the building :) SWMBO thinks it's funny that I only ordered 17 window frames when I needed 18 so I bricked up the Ladies toilet window :giggle: Rear view of station which you will never really see when it's installed, not many bits left to do now to it but no doubt they will take ages to finish as well.

Train 03-03-2017.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Well, the ladies certainly have their privacy rather more than in an extension to the office block where I used to work - the ladies toilet on the ground floor had clear glazed windows!

Last edited:

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
This week I had a Eureka moment so this morning it was a trip to B&Q to get some decking boards, funny the looks you get when your cutting boards to length in a car park so they fit in a Mini :D

It will be month's before I get the return loop built round the back of the shed so why not build a temporary return loop..I can just move it along the path up to another 2.4m and still get in the garden shed so I can still extend this end a bit more till I start building the permanent loop.

And yes that train is out of Focus to slow a shutter speed :giggle:

Train 04-03-2017-4.jpg

At last trains can now run :cool: limited operations but at least they run, It's funny once you get trains running your priorities change, next will be the sidings beyond the main station rather than the loop behind the shed to improve operations, and chip the second Loco so I can have two out on the tracks at once.

Train 04-03-2017.jpg

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
A great idea - get them running.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent idea, temporary permanent way.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Today my next bit of Playmobil arrived to modify, perfect height for station platform picket fences :) now just need to work out how to join it to smaller posts the ones that come with it are 15" square to scale :D Washed, sanded and primed and then sprayed one piece white to see how the paint sticks to it. Times like this makes you think a 3D printer would be a useful addition to make fence posts etc. :)

Train 09-03-2017.jpg

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Not many passengers turned up for the Grand Opening of Buxus station :D

Train 11-03-2017.jpg

New station benches arrived but need a re-paint. Also gained a second carriage this week SWMBO said we need a British looking engine o_O that's not going to be quite so easy..

Train 11-03-2017-5.jpg

First passenger service ready to leave..

Train 11-03-2017-9.jpg

New track crossing being built at the end of the platform..Health and Safety :)

Train 11-03-2017-7.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

chasaitch

chasaitch
17 Feb 2016
Banburyshire OX155LF
Best answers
Country flag
I find it really spitmaking when someone new to G scale modeling comes up with some beautiful buildings. If you want to endear yourself to us mere plebs start a masterclass in how you do it. I am sure you will have hours of fun and sincerely hope that you never regret not allowing yourself space for R3 curves and points because I am sure you will be smitten by some of the larger stuff thats available and although everything LGB do will go around R1 the 2-10-2 doesn't 'alf look funny!

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I find it really spitmaking when someone new to G scale modeling comes up with some beautiful buildings. If you want to endear yourself to us mere plebs start a masterclass in how you do it. I am sure you will have hours of fun and sincerely hope that you never regret not allowing yourself space for R3 curves and points because I am sure you will be smitten by some of the larger stuff thats available and although everything LGB do will go around R1 the 2-10-2 doesn't 'alf look funny!

Sorry for the spitmaking problem :) I am just copying ideas from what others have done on here with foamboard, I have only built one station in 3 months others have built far bigger projects than me so don't think I have mastered the art of making buildings yet LOL.

I decided probably wrongly to go British looking as now I have started on a path that's going to make it very hard to complete the overall look with rolling stock and Locos etc. unless I start to kit bash to get the look.

The R1 was born out of ignorance, I bought a starter set, won a second at the right price on Fleabay and picked up 5 second hand R1 sets of points. The border width was already fixed really by the existing garden layout, so in ignorance you use the 24 R1 curves you start with and add some straights, which is what I have done so far.

Now the problem is my plans for the return loops and expansion don't really fit the garden area I intended to build in. The largest return loop I can fit behind the existing shed which replaces my temporary one laid across the path is an R2 still can not get an R3 in there so not sure where or how to build at that end now. The other end around my station has an R1 loop that was going to move out in to the side garden but unless I move the second garden shed the largest loop I could get there is R2 again, If I move the second shed, but no idea where I would put it then if I travel far enough down the garden I can have what ever size return loops I want, it's just the cost's involved in getting that far past SWMBO :D

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
More thinking than doing this week :D but nearly finished the rail crossing for all the passengers that will be getting off at Buxus... just need to find some beware of the train signs and make the other sloping bit of handrail from plastic card.

Train 19-03-2017.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I decided probably wrongly to go British looking as now I have started on a path that's going to make it very hard to complete the overall look with rolling stock and Locos etc. unless I start to kit bash to get the look.
Do not beat yourself around the head too much about your superb English Buildings. Remember the Welshpool and Llanfair that has Austrian Hungarian rolling stock and indeed Locomotives. A Stainz and a U2 are not too far off the mark if you like them. After all it is your Railway, remember Rule 1.

Rather like the moving loop using decking! I did a similar thing on my line at Luton circa 1987-2000. As I extended the line up the Garden towards the House I mived a LGB return loop as I went. The line was Ground Level so easy peasy to do. Plus as I was all Live Steam then no Electrical worries.
JonD
http://www.wllr.org.uk/news-archive-2009-2012

Last edited:

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Busy week getting no where :) finally took Stainz version 2020 to bits to add a decoder.... note to self don't buy Locos that are not DCC ready :sweating: Good news I didn't have any spares after I put it back together..

Train 26-03-2017.jpg

Played with Playmobil benches I bought after modifying the ends on one found it would not Glue with Supa glue or Solvent Plastic cement , they are not ordinary plastic no idea what sort it is, but they are flexible so you can snap the seat and back in, so plan B decide on paint scheme and paint one to match my line colors as is, to see if the paint sticks so one bench down a few more too go. Buxus station staff arrived this week ;) will find what else they do, as they are very detailed figures for the Money.

Train 26-03-2017-2.jpg

musket the dog

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
Best answers
A fantastic start to your railway, the buildings so far look simply fantastic. With the scratch building skills you have shown so far I very much doubt you would struggle knocking up a few pieces of rolling stock either from kits or by Anglicanising what you already have. You won't find many complaints around here, continuing with your British buildings while you wait for the rolling stock to come.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Today finally got to run two trains at once as they are both now chipped, need to play with the speed curves a bit as they are a bit quick off the mark :D next time will add carriages now I have had a practice running two Locos at once.

Train 31-03-2017-5.jpg

A Bit more health and safety, platform got it's steps up just needs an access road now. I might make the gates one day for when the station is closed

Train 31-03-2017-2.jpg

And the Plants are growing now as well :cool:

Train 31-03-2017-3.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Nice when it all comes together...i really wouldnt worry too much about british out line..its g scale..its what we do
Its my garden..its my railway
I will run what i want how i want
And when i want...if you dont like it.
Please shut the gate on your way out
(Bugger off )
20170321_110445(0).jpg

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Nice when it all comes together...i really wouldnt worry too much about british out line..its g scale..its what we do
Its my garden..its my railway
I will run what i want how i want
And when i want...if you dont like it.
Please shut the gate on your way out
(Bugger off )
View attachment 221261

One day it will get British looking trains and wagons but probably not yet of a bit ...I need a longer line first they come back round to quick :D