The CBR Line is Born..

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Weekend spent on civil engineering / mole defenses not finished but track joined up as usual so trains can run, S bend on left hand side now gone :) points on Right hand side will one day feed an incline line to get into the Land grab boarder. when it's all raised track will extend a bit further back to see what straights I can fit between curves if any.

Train 14-05-2017.jpg

The Triffid has now left the Land Grab boarder now we can see the Acer tree. it may be awhile before trains arrive there.

Train 14-05-2017-2.jpg

Today the Fat controller wanted to come and watch trains

Train 14-05-2017-4.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Bought a 20212 Stainz this week of Evilbay with a green Cab the intention to bash it into an English looking engine, After taking it apart nothing is broken or damaged and it all works, so decided to Chip it and strip the cab and paint it black to get rid of the LGB logo, just need to find some brass numbers or name plates now and will probably find it a straight smokestack if they make one for this version so this is now engine no 2.

Train 20-05-2017-3.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Two days Building SWMBO's new Garden shed in the sunshine and I get the day it rains to work on my layout :( more work done on the land grab boarder , all the rubbish cleared , membrane laid and covered in gravel, The raised border isn't high enough so I still have to raise the tracks as they run across it so there is clearance where they cross over the existing track , not sure what is the easiest way to do that yet ? The wood and bricks is just to give me the height and show where the track will run. Decided not to build a return loop in the border but run to the very end instead and have anout and back type line as an addition to my continuous loop. (It's also heading in the right direction to join into the other end of my layout shh.. don't tell SWMBO )

Castle-none.jpg

Somebody wants a castle Ruin, might cheat and buy the Pola kit rather than make one, as the rain set in the image below shows what it might look like one day :giggle: Found a Garden center that has four big rocks that would build the base for the castle, concrete is not good enough I have been told...

Castle1.jpg

The viaduct might be wishful thinking..

Reactions: 4 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Two days Building SWMBO's new Garden shed in the sunshine and I get the day it rains to work on my layout :( more work done on the land grab boarder , all the rubbish cleared , membrane laid and covered in gravel, The raised border isn't high enough so I still have to raise the tracks as they run across it so there is clearance where they cross over the existing track , not sure what is the easiest way to do that yet ? The wood and bricks is just to give me the height and show where the track will run. Decided not to build a return loop in the border but run to the very end instead and have anout and back type line as an addition to my continuous loop. (It's also heading in the right direction to join into the other end of my layout shh.. don't tell SWMBO )

View attachment 223795

Somebody wants a castle Ruin, might cheat and buy the Pola kit rather than make one, as the rain set in the image below shows what it might look like one day :giggle: Found a Garden center that has four big rocks that would build the base for the castle, concrete is not good enough I have been told...

View attachment 223796

Wish I could garden like you can photoshop!

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
View attachment 223796

Or perhaps not, you can easily make one out of a few Celcon Blocks. They cut nicely with a Jig Saw and with a little treatment with Waterproof PVA and Stone Colour will look good.image.jpg
The cracks were when I was a little overenthusiastic with Mr Lump Hammer when tamping them in place on the base. You can even scribe Brick or Stonework into the stuff with a nail. Mine is still awaiting some treatment and is as placed some 4 years ago. I made a similar one for the Ruschbahn that showed no sighs of damage after some 9 years outside.
JonD

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Or perhaps not, you can easily make one out of a few Celcon Blocks. They cut nicely with a Jig Saw and with a little treatment with Waterproof PVA and Stone Colour will look good.View attachment 223819
The cracks were when I was a little overenthusiastic with Mr Lump Hammer when tamping them in place on the base. You can even scribe Brick or Stonework into the stuff with a nail. Mine is still awaiting some treatment and is as placed some 4 years ago. I made a similar one for the Ruschbahn that showed no sighs of damage after some 9 years outside.
JonD

Thanks, looked on the Web last night at ways to make a viaduct and came across the Celcon block method, just not sure if my viaduct is high enough to leave 1 1/2" to 2" ? at the top of the arch to stop the blocks cracking while you cut the arch. The track is about 4" 100mm total above the ground level, might pick up a single block and cut the arch in one to see if you can see enough of the arch at my height if that makes sense :)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, looked on the Web last night at ways to make a viaduct and came across the Celcon block method, just not sure if my viaduct is high enough to leave 1 1/2" to 2" ? at the top of the arch to stop the blocks cracking while you cut the arch. The track is about 4" 100mm total above the ground level, might pick up a single block and cut the arch in one to see if you can see enough of the arch at my height if that makes sense :)
Sound plan, they are not that expensive so worth a punt. You may even get two sections if you cut in half lengthwise.
JonD

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
At Least some of it is Real now ROFL I'll let you decide which bits :)

Train 03-06A.jpg

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Castle Built, they only supply one internal floor so made my own out of the usual stuff, also drilled the flag pole hole out and added a deeper socket for it, so flag pole is removable made out of a 4mm brass rod, wasn't convinced sticking a bit of plastic rod on the top would last long when a bird try's to land on it :)

Train 10-06-8.jpg

Next bit it comes with no base at all :( so again made my own out of the usual stuff, it took longer than I thought it would cutting the shape of the base out of the artificial grass but I wanted the grass backing under the base so it holds it in place. the Grass needs trimming around the steps a bit dam rain makes the grass grow fast :rofl: Base screwed down to the breeze block cemented inside the rocks.

Train 10-06.jpg

Castle in place screwed to the base and the side walls screwed to the castle, fingers crossed it's pigeon and squirrel proof when they try to land on it or sit on it :) Just need to find a St Georges flag now. The benefit of growing plant's in pots moved three and have some instant trees..

Train 10-06-2.jpg

English Heritage aka SWMBO has decided that planning permission would not be granted to build a viaduct in front of an ancient monument...so plan B permission has been granted to build a station and siding in front of the castle :) Might move Calluna station to this position (Station on the Right of the image below ) as it looks naff where it is now ,as there is not enough area to plant around it down the side border. Boards just temp to get the line where the track will go

Train 10-06-5.jpg

No Photoshop used in these images :)

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
First day of Holiday to work on layout turned out to be a disaster :) now SWMBO refused planning permission for Plan "A" a viaduct the spur that was going to run close to the fence inclining high enough to cross the double tracks and then into the new border won't work without a viaduct :( as the track would be too high when it enters the castle border.

Plan "B" move the double bridge closer to the fence line so the inclining track doesn't have to cross the double lines, benefit bigger gab between the bridge and shed I can now get between them for track maintenance :) without tripping over the bridge, so track now moved.

Problem now is not enough distance to gain the height in, if I keep the continuous running loop and spur off after the double bridge I only have 1500mm to incline 130mm ?

Train 12-06-2.jpg

The other idea was to move the spur before the double bridge and come from behind the shed inclining over a new single bridge to the side of the one that is there that would give me 2.7 m to climb in...but that would reduce the gap a lot between the track and the shed , so back to maintenance problems.

Train 12-06-3.jpg

Plan "C" go to single line running along the border and split the double bridge so the left hand track inclines up to the +130mm height rather than carry straight on past the station.I would probably lose continuous running this year as don't think I can have a reversing loop behind the shed and incline out of it as well

Train 12-06.jpg

Plan "D" just go to the Seaside tomorrow instead of building railways :)

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
1in10 looks like rack to me.

New Plan but SWMBO on a rack till she says Plan "A" the viaduct is a go, or did you mean put the train on a rack :rofl::rofl:

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Today my Preiser figure copies arrived from China delivery was only 14 days and free service :) I don't have an original preiser figure so hard to say what scale they really are. Mine worked out at 33p delivered so I am happy with them, the price you pay will vary if you bid rather than BIN before somebody corrects me :) , Repaint in the Winter maybe, one or two will get hidden in coaches as there dress is a bit wrong for my time period.

Train 20-06-2017.jpg

Train 20-06-2017-2.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
This weeks update been playing at building my incline track ...dam a lot of work just to get a rise of 130mm based on a rise of 3 in every 100 max.

Train 25-06-2017-3.jpg

The ski jump :D is made out of a decking board and wood I had around , not sure what the final one will be made of yet

Train 25-06-2017-2.jpg

It all looked and fitted better on paper than it does in real life :rofl:

Train 25-06-2017.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Layout changed three lines don't really fit behind the shed so now I have a reverse loop, or will have when I buy the module Track now bends to miss the rocks that support the bridge so there is a reason for it to bend now :) I run out of ballast but getting there at last I think.

Train 01-07-2017.jpg

Train 01-07-2017-2.jpg

Train 01-07-2017-3.jpg

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
expanding all the time.:)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I'd like to see you limbo dance under that bridge :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
I'd like to see you limbo dance under that bridge :devil::devil::devil::devil:
Gads, sir, you have a mean streak! >:)
I can guarantee that a) my circumference would not make it under that bridge and b) that I would need a back brace after some Herculean assistant (or a crane) had got me up again :worried:

Reactions: 1 users

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Found a Union jack for the Castle, plants growing fast..:sweating: hope they leave room for the station.

train 09-07-6.jpg

Testing new Blue wagons before they go to the Paint shop.

train 09-07-2.jpg

train 09-07.jpg

New seat warmers at Buxus first few re-painted.

train 09-07-4.jpg

train 09-07-7.jpg

Reactions: 2 users