Simple Shuttle "lash up"...?

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi All,

I am now realising my leg injury is not going to allow me to lay the patio, which needs to be down before I can complete my loop - (which was truncated by extension works) any time soon.

However I would like to run trains. Is there a simple (well cheap) way to set up a loco going backwards and forwards for watching pleasure? I am not worried about the actual stop revesere looking good and don't want to spend much as it will only be in use till spring when I should be fit enough to re join the loop.

Ian

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Ian
Are any of your locos chipped?
Do you want a delay or an immediate reverse at each end?

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
CoggesRailway said:
(snip) Is there a simple (well cheap) way to set up a loco going backwards and forwards for watching pleasure? I am not worried about the actual stop revesere looking good and don't want to spend much as it will only be in use till spring

Hi Ian

Simplest thing is probably to buy either from EBay at GBP40.00 (buy it now option) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LGB-8-Amp-Shu...=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4aa6dca560

or get a Gaugemaster SS-1 shuttle unit for GBP39.95. http://www.gaugemaster.com/ < Link To www.gaugemaster.com or instructions here: http://www.gaugemaster.com/instructions/ss1.pdf

The EBay one has a higher stated amperage tolerance, so may be more suitable for your beefy Alco! :clap:

Offer to help lay a temporary loop still holds good, by the way.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
whatlep said:
Offer to help lay a temporary loop still holds good, by the way.

Same here Ian, if a working party is required just ask - it's been done before. You just have to be able to afford the cake! :clap:

mmts

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Essex and you dont need your passport
Best answers
Country flag
What's that you say..... There may be a works party required over Xmas????? May be interested in lending a hand....

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I've got an LGB shuttle that I could loan you until you are back up and 'running' Ian?

PM me....

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Thanks very much chaps! PM on the way Giz... As for the working party sounds fun. However the area it needs to cross is a complete building site, and needs to be "patioed". I will keep it mind, and one things for sure when I get through this and recommission Cogges railway one way or another you will all be invited!!!

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
PM replied to!

Help is on the way....