DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I need new more traction... :think:
I know that we all love more Trains, but sometimes less is more and you certainly have enough Passenger Stock and Locomotives for your superbly done modest line. Perhaps an odd Wagon or two might be in order. But you do need the Stock out on the line space to move around! Genarally accepted formula is that the Stock take roughly no more than 60% of the Siding Space. You could include Run Round Loops as part of that space.
JonD

Reactions: 1 user

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
I need new more traction... :think:
Aaaaah the bug has really bitten. This is the dangerous time when need over rides common sense and you end up with far more traction and stock.:rofl:. I have far too much stock and motive power:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Ah yes, the temptation of traction! Do I really need two 0-4-0 RC tank locos, three track-powered ones, two diesel shunters and a works loco? No, not really, but it is good to be covered in case of breakdowns! (Not that I have ever had any.)

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
It aint that bad yet. Motorized traction is available as railbus, a Stainz, an Elias, the rough running D10 diesel shunter (still have to get some parts) and the veldbahn Deutz.

I like to get different stock on the rails. The Deutz is run 'alone' as I think it doesn't match the rest of the stock and the D10 is also an oddball, including it's orange flatbeds.

The railbus, Stainz and Elias match perfectly.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Nice to see your railway going from strength to strength Henri?

You seem to have your idea for a Dutch style tramway down to a tee!

I understand your point about the orange D10 and wagons and the Fledbahn Deutz loco, so I suggest you view your railway as a heritage one. The orange D10 and wagons could be the track maintenance train and the Deutz could be used with small LGB or HLW tippler wagons for a similar reason....

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Nice to see your railway going from strength to strength Henri?

You seem to have your idea for a Dutch style tramway down to a tee!

I understand your point about the orange D10 and wagons and the Fledbahn Deutz loco, so I suggest you view your railway as a heritage one. The orange D10 and wagons could be the track maintenance train and the Deutz could be used with small LGB or HLW tippler wagons for a similar reason....

Very good point, Giz - once you assume it's a preserved or heritage line, then you can happliy run anything - including the two new Austrian style coaches you've acquired, Henri!
I was also going to suggest that you get just a short train of LGB Feldbahn stock to run with your little Deutz diesel - just two or three of the little shortie open wagons, tipper cars or flat cars would make up a perfect train for the little loco, without straining its drive mechanism (LGB have always recommended only running these with small numbers of wagons).

Jon.

Frank Gallagher

Well matured physically if not mentally
1 Jun 2016
Chatsworth
Best answers
RhB Crock and coaches may be pushing it a bit though

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, Buy, Buy until you have way too much and can never decide what to run.....LOL I think alot of us suffer from the dreaded "Glutton" desease.

Frank Gallagher

1 Jun 2016
Chatsworth
Best answers
Guilty as charged:hi:

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
What a thoroughly entertaining thread this has been so far. Great to see a railway progress from an idea to an almost complete entity (I only say "almost complete" in the sense that we never truly get them finished, there's always that new idea on the horizon). Fantastic and very speedy progress. Well done.

Frank Gallagher

1 Jun 2016
Chatsworth
Best answers
Well deserved praise IMHO

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the kind words!!! Means a lot to me to hear it from experienced railroaders!!!

As I wrote somewhere earlier, it railroad is a therapy for the family (mostly myself) as my wife is suffering from cancer. It helped me through the half year of therapy and surgery she had to take. Fortunately my wife is declared 'clean' (what is the correct English, all bad cells are removed?) but now she has fallen into the 'black hole' as she now actually realises what she has gone through. This has stopped my work on the tramway as all my free time is to help her getting her mind back to 'normal'... We take very long walks and talk for hours, each evening and weekends.

We'll get there, but at the moment I have no time to finish the sawmill or engine shed... Ah well, it is time very well spend.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Best of luck Henri and best wishes. We look forwards to lots more pictures when your ready.Look after both of you.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Best of luck to your good lady from me too. Hard time for all of you.
JonD

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Best wishes for yourself, the missus, and the kids too Henri....

Last edited:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
All good wishes from me too.... I think the term you're looking for in English is "in remission"....?

Jon.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
All good wishes for you both, and maybe your tramway can help here too.

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Henri, I send you and your wife and the rest of your famliy all the best wishes. Hope for you all, that get through this hard part of your life.

Peter