Off to a good start,

dennis

Registered
18 Jul 2014
Southampton
Best answers
my "Mylocosound" card arrived today and i thought i`d get it fitted, won`t take long, engine already stripped to fit, problem, for me anyway, "Lyn" already has a speaker fitted being DCC ready and it is plugged into the Bachmann pcb, the instructions with the card tell me to connect it to a speaker, do i unplug it from the onboard pcb ?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I would think so, yes - unless the sound card has an interface of some kind that plugs directly into the loco's main board (which I wouldn't expect), then I would assume you will have to reconnect the speaker directly to the sound card.

Jon.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
My guess would be the speaker is wired to the Bachmann board, but there will be a connector (or pins) to allow you to connect your Mylocosound speaker wires through the Baachmann board to the speaker..

But it may be easier / more convenient to lift the wires from the speaker / cut the connector off, and wire directly to the new board.

dennis

Registered
18 Jul 2014
Southampton
Best answers
Thanks, my guess would be as you both suggest, it`s a learning curve ..........................................