New Railroad Layout

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
In my railroad drawing, not LGBs diagram
Ok I'm on the same page, if you use 1600 series switches and have two parallel tracks to join one to the other they will remain parallel and if you use 4 switches and want them to cross over from one track to the other you would use a 22.5 degree cross over which is either a 1320 or a 12260 double slip. Now the double slip is at 22.5 but the 2 side rails on either side is at 30 degrees, so if you had these parallel tracks apart and you wanted to from track left thru the cross over but back on to that track just to get around something the engine would make a 30 degree turn on the double slip switch. Does this make sense? reversing loop I would but it directly below the Y you have at the top, Bill

BakerJohn

Baker, Modeler, Flour Ambassador
3 Feb 2018
West Warwick, RI
leedshillrailroad.weebly.com
Best answers
Okay Greg. You were correct. The R3 curve does fit around the bush. That's all I've laid thus far. Waiting for another delivery on Wednesday....

And Bill, a reversing spur won't fit there. At least, not with LGB geometry. I'd have to custom fit pieces.

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
And Bill, a reversing spur won't fit there. At least, not with LGB geometry. I'd have to custom fit pieces.
Meet Mr Dremel Disc and Mr Hacksaw :devil:, with the occasional assistance of Mr File :oops:.

Sean.

Hmmmm
5 Oct 2017
Boston & Cocagne NB (not enough)
Best answers
Country flag
harbor fright can be your friend John
th
th

or the dremell/ hack saw as mentioned