New LGB R3 point quality control issue

What not Sorry?

On a slightly related issue have you noticed that car manufacturers are now referring to product recalls as "Vehicle Enhancements".

One my work colleagues had to take his new Audi in this week for a Vehicle Enhancement (basically a fault with the rear wash wipe system).

If they are now referring to product recalls as "Vehicle Enhancements".

Thank goodness it was not a Skoda it may never come back :rofl:

So they make a faulty product take ages to reply to an e mail and don't say sorry and expect you to pay postage to Germany?! I would be worried that I would never get a replacement. That e mail comes accross as they don't really care for your custom but as you say least they did reply.

I work for a medical device company and if something fails in warranty then it gets replaced and we collect the faulty item.

Steve said:

Oi, nowt wrong wiv Skoda's sunshine. :timeout:

so how meny have faulty points, dare i ask?

3Valve said:
Steve said:

Oi, nowt wrong wiv Skoda's sunshine. :timeout:
Do you know why Skodas have a heated rear screens as Std?
So your hands don't freeze to the glass while your pushing it.................................

3Valve said:
What not Sorry?

On a slightly related issue have you noticed that car manufacturers are now referring to product recalls as "Vehicle Enhancements".

One my work colleagues had to take his new Audi in this week for a Vehicle Enhancement (basically a fault with the rear wash wipe system).
Audi have other descriptions for faults.
My son had a new £30k+ A4 convertible which had a 'graunch' from the left front suspension each time it turned left.
After 3 steering racks and even more hydraulic pipework, plus the 'final solution' pipes from Audi Technical which turned out to be 2 1/2" short(!) I nailed the managing Director of Audi GB on the phone. His description of the fault to me was that it was a 'characteristic' of the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Vorsprung durk Technic GRAUNCH"??????????????????

I guess all this means is that my old R3's are now collectable.

Over this weekend a friend attempted to purchase some new release Marklin/LGB R3 switches. I had previously advised him of this issue. All but one of the switches in the store was faulty. The shop owner pleaded ignorance of the issue and no doubt will take it up with the distributor. Seems that the faulty switches have found their way downunder.

The cost of returning a faulty switch to Germany for warranty replacement would be prohibitive.