Massoth reverse loop module 8157001. How can I test it out of the layout?

thus realised that the railcar runs in the opposite direction to the other locomotives.

Bidirectional rail vehicles (that is those with a driving cabs at each end) work on number system as either end may be the "front". The ends are normally referred to as the Number 1 end and the Number 2 end for the purposes of laying out the ancillary equipment which is often distributed in an asymmetric manner on the chassis.

The prototype RhB ABe 4/4 l railcars the Number 1 end is on the side of the 1st class passenger compartment and the Number 2 is located on the side of the 2nd class passenger compartment. The pantograph is also mounted on the number 1 end.

Again for directional (symmetric) vehicles the normal model railway convention is that the Number 1 end is regarded as "forward' and the Number 2 end is regarded as "reverse".

IMG_7669.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Where exactly do you have it isolated in the loop? Its hard to tell from the pic. Is it where the loco is stopping?

If the loco is stopping then either you dont have the input hooked up properly or its not working anymore.

Are you using sensor or short circuit mode? It can be a bit of pain to hook up sensor on a test track. When I first installed mine I was getting hesitation at one of the crossover points as it came out of the reverse track. Turns out I had the track input reversed from what it should be.
IMG_20261005_123400b.jpg
I have been using sensor tracks, as on my layout and reproduced the cabling as it was originally placed and worked for many years.
I admit I had to scratch my head before connecting the cables. I’d left them as they were when they came out of the box, and it was at the track that I had to replicate the wiring. It was with the two wires at the end of the insulated section that I had to be careful not to reverse them. And before taking it apart, I swapped the wires round – again, to no avail.
Have exactly followed the Massoth wiring diagram?
You show image 6, my cabling has been made, from the beginning in 2014, according to image 4.Capture d’écran (55).png
 
That makes sense now. If it dies trying to go in the other end of the reverse section by the switch like it does in the loop then your module is kaput.
 
Back
Top Bottom