Massoth Automatic Uncoupler Install Problem

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Greetings Massoth Decoder Experts - Need your assistance. I've completed installing a Massoth XLS Sound Decoder into a person's LGB 20560 Alco Diesel and now need to install a Massoth Uncoupler. The physical install is completed and then hookeup up the Uncoupler and made adjustments to the appropriate CVs according to the XLS Configuration Manual as follows:
  1. Connected the Uncoupler’s plug to the Uncoupler Plug designated on the XLS Decoder’s Installation Manual Page 11….that plug is associated with Terminal A4;
  2. Made the following CV adjustments in accordance with the XLS Configuration Manual associated with Terminal A4;
  3. Set CV112 = 32 (22volts);
  4. Set CV115 = 10 (One of the unused Function Keys; I also tried Function 15 on the Navigator which is another unused Function Key);
  5. Set CV116 = 0.
Since CV116=0 didn't work, I’ve tried various other values for CV116 in Attachment 3 of the Configuration Manual, 64, 75, 100, and none works to activate the Uncoupler.

I even removed the Uncoupler plug from the XLS socket and inserted another brand new Uncoupler to test whether there might be a problem with the first Uncoupler, but again, "no joy" as we used to say in the U.S. Navy for operational issues.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Tom

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Will this thread help?

Greg

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Greg - Yes, that posting helps to resolve the issue I'm having. But I actually discovered the problem just before logging back onto this Forum.

I just hooked up a Massoth Automatic Uncoupler to my test bed XLS decoder using the settings I mentioned in my posting.....and bingo it worked! I forgot that the Massoth XLS Decoder that I installed, which was customer furnished - is an older Decoder Version 2.5 - 1/2010! I was using the current XLS 3.5 Version Decoder's Configuration Manual to set the decoder up for the Massoth Automatic Uncoupler.......no wonder it didn't work! So, I do have the 2.5 Version Manual that I'll now consult to see how to wire the Uncoupler. And I see from the posting you referred me to on this Forum also states that for the older XLS you can't use the same connector that's on the new version......the pin configuration is different. And that posting indicates that I'll need to use one of the other Functional Terminals and set the voltage to 32 (22 volts).

Thanks for finding that posting for me. I actually did a search on this Forum for Massoth Automatic Uncoupler and it pulled up one older posting but not the one you found.
Tom