Locomotive Roster

Pauly

Registered
26 Oct 2009
The Midlands
Best answers
Heres a list of all my working locomotives, all of them are 45mm gauge unless specified as 32mm.
locoroster001.jpg

A Millie I bought at Stoneeleigh and have converted to an open cab and repainted black.
Its mods include, a water top up system, a brass dome, cylinder covers and a coal topped bunker.
The trains it works are usually local passengers

locoroster002.jpg

An RC Caradoc given to me for Christmas (2008) is still in its running in period and is usually my choice of steamer to take to other railways.

locoroster003.jpg

A IP Daisy Railcar built in 2008 by me (although the kit was bought in early 2007)
very useful engine which has been regauged several times as needs must and usually used when I cant be bothered to run a steamer or assemble a proper train.

locoroster004.jpg

Built from an IP railcar kit it has had little use.

locoroster005.jpg

A Millie named Torak, it was my first live steam locomotive and has a special place in my heart.
Its mods include, a full coupling rod upgrade, SV cover, nameplates, painted coupling rods, pained buffers, full cab upgrade and for a short time it had RC added.
Almost always works Express passenger trains.

locoroster006.jpg

A battery powered Diesel I purchased off Ebay because I wanted a battery loco that had full speed controls.
Many mods have been added by the previous owner but none by me.
Light frieght and occasional passenger workings.

locoroster007.jpg

A Regner Vincent I purchased in 2008, at first it was a massive thorn in my side due to a whistling burner but since Iv solved it its became a faviourate of mine and now sees regular use on passenger and frieght trains.
Mods include a working whistle.

locoroster008.jpg

A IP tram kit with a USA Trains chassis, it is battery powered and is often seen on single coach passenger workings and mixed traffic.

locoroster009.jpg

A scratchbuilt Simplex body I bought off Ebay which I then added a chassis to and painted and weathered.
It is almost exclusivley seen hauling gravel tippers or light fuel tankers.

locoroster010.jpg

A MSS Saddle tank loco, given to me for christmas 2009.
it is 32mm gauge and the mods include, single buffers, a brass cowel and sandeboxs.

locoroster012.jpg

A Roundhouse Jack given to me for my 18th birthday, its Number 10 of 100 made and is RC.
Usually seen on express passenger and heavy frieght.

locoroster013.jpg

A battery powered diesel I bought off Ebay, usually seen on local passenger and local frieght trains.
is a serious battery drainer.

locoroster014.jpg

1 of the first IP Janes ever made, I bought it off Ebay and named it Coath.
Its my only Meths fired loco and very pleasent to run on a nice summers day.
Its usually seen on very light passenger and frieght trains.

locoroster015.jpg

A IP battery loco kit I built before I started the railway, it was my first kit and is starting to show its age.
its usually seen on gravel tipper trains but has been used on passenger trains.
Its nameplates read KATIE

locoroster016.jpg

A loco I scratchbuilt using only stuff I had lying around, nothing was purchased specifically to make this engine.
hasnt been used on the railway yet.

locoroster017.jpg

A IP Rapier kit I built last year, originally built to 45mm gauge it has been regauged to 32mm.
usually seen on Quarrymans coach trains.

locoroster018.jpg

A IP Fenor loco kit I built last year to 32mm, is usally seen on 3 coach passenger trains.

locoroster019.jpg

A LGB tram loco I purchased at Stoneleigh, its track powered so is only used when I visit electrified railways.
locoroster020.jpg

A locolines kit I built which Iv never been very happy with, its very tatty and some panels have warped.

locoroster021.jpg

An Aristocraft BP loco I bought from my local model shop, its track powered so is only used when I visit other railways.

locoroster022.jpg

An LGB Gustav hand car, track powered.

locoroster023.jpg

An IP tram body on a playmobil battery chassis, I built it to look like toby.
Young visitors love playing with it.

locoroster024.jpg

Bachmann tram with custom decals, once again its track powered.

locoroster025.jpg

A Bachmann spectrum shay I bought many years ago, its track powered and a faviourate when visiting other lines.

Now lets see yours.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Quite an impressive line up Pauly:clap:

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
Loads of choice to run there

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Very impressive, how much stock do you have for them to pull? Or like most of us too many locomotives compared to the rolling stock that they need. We are all (I think) basically chuffer (and Diesel and tram and Electric) nuts.
JonD

Pauly

Registered
26 Oct 2009
The Midlands
Best answers
dunnyrail said:
Very impressive, how much stock do you have for them to pull? Or like most of us too many locomotives compared to the rolling stock that they need. We are all (I think) basically chuffer (and Diesel and tram and Electric) nuts.
JonD

Iv got about 6 45mm coaches, 4 32mm coaches and a lot of wooden 45mm freight stock.

annieshalt

garden railways
24 Oct 2009
CLEVELAND
Best answers
dont know when he is here no word from him yet paul.

Mik

Steam tractors, good books, scratchbuilding models
17 Dec 2009
The wilds of Western Pennsylvania
www.the-ashpit.com
Best answers
Hmmm, where to start? The Allegheny Valley's roster is rather.... eclectic.

32mm
New Brookie under construction... Riverossi chassis, Lionel shell, cab by the AV Skunkworks
P5040004.jpg

0-6-0T, modified Faller, domes are NOS Kalamazoo
P3270007.jpg

45mm
'Old Reliable' this much bashed LGB 2017D is the backbone of the roster. Usually seen with a peddlar freight in tow
P4230004.jpg

0-4-0 Mother Hubbard I built for my GF, drive block is Kalamazoo, most of the rest NOS Delton parts
P1120002.jpg

2-4-0 from an Aristo 0-4-0, cab by Delton - also built for my GF... this is the usual passenger loco, since they are her coaches
PB260002.jpg

My 17YO daughter's steam dummy, Aristo chassis, B'mann coach body
P8300002.jpg

My 9YO daughter's 2017
P6300002.jpg

Lionel James -
garden3.jpg

Bachmann Thomas, the new kid in town... he's a bit of a fusspot. I'm thinking a set of skates might help his pickup problem.
P1010014_01-1.jpg

Scratchbuilt class A Climax
P3300001.jpg

Scratchbuilt logging 0-4-0T w/gypsy winch - the only battery loco on the roster. Cheap Scientific Toys (I think, or maybe Lionel) drive, Delton cab, and pvc boiler
P3220001.jpg

Early Aristo c-16 upscaled with Big Hauler cab. It's pretty, but rather noisy, so it doesn't get run very much
PB300039.jpg

Unfinished LGB based 2-4-4-2 project, NOS Delton superstructure - I really need to get back to work on it this week
PC050005.jpg

A customized Bachmann 4-6-0 that I can't seem to sell
P8180002-1.jpg

4-3/4" gauge
OS Rocket. Actually belongs to a customer, who never came to pick it up -- so I've been storing it for about 8 years now
P3280002_01.jpg

I think that's most of the current lot. There's also another Faller 0-6-0 around here.....someplace.