LGB Stainz B Class.

Caleb.lovegrove

Registered
25 Mar 2020
Warrington
Best answers
20200325_175120.jpg
Hello all,
New to this, but this is my LGB scratch built B class made from an old stainz chassis.
Hopefully in time I'll get my hands on some blue and cream LGB coaches to go with it!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the Forum Caleb!

Nice model.. Do you have a profile (side view) please?
If you took any photo's during construction, you could string a few words and pictures into a 'build-thread'. - We especially like pictures! :):nod:

Caleb.lovegrove

Registered
25 Mar 2020
Warrington
Best answers
Welcome to the Forum Caleb!

Nice model.. Do you have a profile (side view) please?
If you took any photo's during construction, you could string a few words and pictures into a 'build-thread'. - We especially like pictures! :):nod:

Thanks,
Truth be told, I didn't actually build it myself, I purchased it for £105!!!
Absolute steal I'm told!!!
I run it at my mate Alec's railway. But look to eventually building my own railway...once I've a complete train to run!!

a98087

Registered
8 Nov 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
That look like a nice model, are you sure it based on a stainz chassis.? Only asking as I think I can see an Lgb Otto cab front and roof.

And yes more pictures please

Dan

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, that's a smashing looking loco, looks like someone has got some ingenuity. As for coaches, there are some companies that make Darjeeling coaches.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Caleb, yes you have a rather desirable Loco patiently at the moment a “shelf queen” waiting for that Railway. Most certainly it is an Otto Chassis, not a problem as they are a good quality LGB basis. Many use those chassis for sundry conversions. The Darj is a great Railway and if your skills are up to Kit Building (if you are unsure try a cheapie basic kit by say IP Engineering). Be sure that your skills are honed before tackling a more expensive Darj Kit. Hope that I am saying the right thing, for all I know you could be a top notch Modeller in a smaller scale, if that is the case good luck going forward. Again as you are new to Garden Railways there is a dedicated Magazine that will show you many of the firms out there producing Kits and supplies.

Reactions: 1 user

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
That looks a sound buy and don't wait until you have a complete train to run - get so me track and run it. One of the blue Playmobil coaches wouldn't look out of place I think.