idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I have just acquired one of these and I just noticed something unusual around the power pickups.
The wheel configuration is 2-4-2 with the 4 being a longer than usual motor block and the 2s being pony truck.
There are brush pickups and skates on the motor block as usual, but in addition one of the pony trucks also has a power pickup using the sort of arrangement you can retrofit to coaches to pick up power for lighting. The odd thing is the other pony truck has the fitting for the brushes but no brushes or wires. I assume this is deliberate but I wonder if other owners of a "box" can check this out on theirs? Thanks, Dave
92540.jpg

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
That's very definitive, thanks. Do you happen to know if pickups could be retrofitted? I might like to remove the skates as they do seem to catch on point frogs so the extra power pickup would help.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
That's very definitive, thanks. Do you happen to know if pickups could be retrofitted? I might like to remove the skates as they do seem to catch on point frogs so the extra power pickup would help.

Might you have a problem fitting wires to the 'un-fitted' pony-truck? :think:

Just a passing thought.. No experience of these..

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
My older version pre 4-pin didn't come with any but I added them as per the normal coach method.

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag