LGB 2022x Allegra [External Link]

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Guys got mine yesterday. The sound is brilliant. Only tried it on rolling road as of yet but really impressed with the sequential station anoucements and the really clever bit when you reverse it the annoucement runs backward as well.
Not had the guts to play with the cv's yet! BTW anybody found how to stop the sound, other than turning the volume down

Loco

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Vestfold
Best answers
Country flag
Philbahn said:
Hi Guys got mine yesterday. The sound is brilliant. Only tried it on rolling road as of yet but really impressed with the sequential station anoucements and the really clever bit when you reverse it the annoucement runs backward as well.
Not had the guts to play with the cv's yet! BTW anybody found how to stop the sound, other than turning the volume down
Try F2

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
OK missed that one ::) :happy:

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Any one find the connector cables hard to fit and seperate? Or is it my illness that makes it that way

Loco

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Vestfold
Best answers
Country flag
I have the same experience with the connector cables. But, looking at it from the bright side they won't come off by accident!

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Think the TEE by Piko is a much better arangement. For those who haven't seen t , it forms part of the coupling

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
If you ease the 'locking side' of the connector body on the loco away from the cable connector with a fingernail, or apply pressure that way, they come apart a little more easily..
I would leave them connected to the power-cars, and cut the expanded polystyrene in the box to allow the cars to fit with them connected. - You have to run a power-car plus central, so will never want to 'run' one without the lead connected anyway.
Last sentence clumsy, but you know what I mean! ;)

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Just been having a better look and the pins seem to be out of true alignment. I have removed the bellows and found they ease on a lot better.
Want to change to pantograph settings (rear one up front down) but the z1200 won't read the chip.
So over to you Phil!

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Is that read, or write??
Is this a Massoth chip, or the 'factory-fitted'??

Latest Massoth decoders have the ability to 'lock' the settings. - They may well have done this to prevent inadvertent fiddling..
Factory-fitted is either Marklin, or ESU, from what others have reported.. No guarantee how 'compatible' the 'dialects' or DCC may be between Massoth/Marklin/Esu.

You are on a dedicated programming track, and using direct programming I presume?
<stream of consciousness ends>..

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Ok.. Having had some lunch, and thinking on this..
Must be the factory fitted, so forget what I said about Massoth!

In post #20:
'Loco' states:
"Remember to use the programming cable and hook up one of the end cars when reading/writing CVs."

Now, does this mean there is a special cable supplied 'in the box' to allow programming of this beastie??
(I could be reading too much into the above sentence, of course)!
PhilP.

Loco

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Vestfold
Best answers
Country flag
I can confirm that a special cable is needed to program the decoder, the middle wagon and one of the end cars are to be hooked up using the grey programming cable supplied in the set. The regular connection cables are black.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the confirmation Tander.
So, the factory-fitted and Massoth units are going to be quite different then..

I *really* must get round to reading CV's etc. from the Massoth decoder supplied for the 20220..

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Phil sorry about getting back to you taken some time.
Well I have taken the plunge over the lack of help available from not just lgb/ maasoth/esu.
So an extra few quid got an up grade to 22025 all singing and dancing, thats why I need to know how to re-programme the chip. Not opened it up yet but because on the over lay of the cv,s.

It is on a programming track and it won't read. To be fair I have only tried accessing the ones on a previous post and on the navi. I therefore think that this is ESU
Last time I tried ESU on the Massoth programmer it all went pear shaped. Also just picked up the ESU hand book, alright it is a 3.5 but the cv's correspond to each other

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Tander , I have that cable & it is what I used. (For once read the instructions first)
And there are no motors for the pants

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Philbahn said:
Tander , I have that cable & it is what I used. (For once read the instructions first)
And there are no motors for the pants
Philbahn:
So, you have upgraded and bought the factory-fitted 20225 set?
You are definitely using the GREY cable between the two cars?
Confused about your comment about pantograph motors.. The digital set (20225) definitely has motorised pantographs on the two power-cars (centre car is manually operated).

The Massoth forum posting on fitting their decoder infers you must program the decoder before fitting it to the loco.. They suggest the additional interference suppression coils, and enhanced electronics in the loco may either interfere, or draw too much current to program reliably with the Massoth central station. - At least, this is now I interpret what the English translation is telling me!

Unfortunately, I only had a digital (20225) set in my hands for a short time.. The unit I have here is the 20220 analogue set, which I have a Massoth XLS decoder 'kit of parts' to fit.
Until I get the time to 'have a go' with this, I will not know for sure just what can be done with the decoder in the loco, but I must stress this will be the Massoth XLS, not the factory fitted Marklin/ESU unit.
PhilP.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
The pantographs should be set ,travel forward rear panto up and front one down as it stands they both rise and fall together. The cv's 272, 372 control them, but to get there youneed to create a "Page" containing 5 cv's . They are set at 12 so the previous post says, 8 and 4 . So help is neeeded

Beddhist

Motorcycle travel, trains
16 Oct 2013
Glenbervie, NZ
beddha.free.fr
Best answers
Country flag
Phil,

If you post the link I am happy to translate it for you.

Regards,
Peter.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Beddhist said:
Phil,

If you post the link I am happy to translate it for you.

Regards,
Peter.

Thanks Peter..

The 'installation notes' on the Massoth forum are available in both German, and their take on English. They do a pretty good job, and I would tend to feed the original German text through Google translate for a second opinion..
I think the dire warnings are to cover themselves.. There were similar warnings about the E10, but did not have problems with it.
If I need clarification, I will certainly take you up on the offer.
Many thanks,
Phil Partridge.

Loco

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Vestfold
Best answers
Country flag
All information applies to the 20225 digital Allegra version:

The information about CV272 and 372 was picked up from the Spassbahn forum, in German, 2. last post on the last page: http://www.spassbahn.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5389&pageNo=14

There are a few errors in the programming manual, a correction is uploaded at gbdb.info, multi-lingual: http://www.gbdb.info/data/expertenanleitung/LGB/20225.pdf
linked from the Cadosch forum (last post on this page), in German: http://modellbahnen.cadosch.org/jos/forum/4-gartenbahn/4312-lgb-20225-allegra-digital-erkenntnisse?limit=6&start=60
where a few CVs are listed which have different function than described in the manual (CV8, 60, 138, 176 and 261).

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Tander / Phil Thanks for the help. It works. Wasn't brave enough to try it on ths programmer. So onto the progarmming track via the z1200 and read them first then programmed 272=4 372=8

Happy bunny ;) :D :eek: ::)