IP Engineering Railbus

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
The inside was finish with 1:22.5 scale figures, I considered 1:19 scale to large even though this is 16mm kit:

Railbus-Finish-5-scaled.jpg

The electronics are going under the body, Velcroed on and enclosed:

Railbus-Finish-7-scaled.jpg

Railbus-Finish-6-scaled.jpg

Currently there is a minor issue with the electronics that will be resolved shortly.

JimmyB

23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Best answers
Country flag
Getting towards the final stages, luggage painted and added to the roof rack, "ship's rigging" used for the tie downs, no glue used at all, with my best rendition of trucker's hitches:

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Let is hope for the passenger luggage that the Railcar never fails and needs a rescue puffer to drag it home. Dirty sooty cases come to mind (in real life scenario thought here).

JimmyB

23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Best answers
Country flag
Well the electronics are now in an tested, hopefully a short video to follow on my indoor test track (due to poor weather), a tight fit :

Due to perspective it does look like some of the wires touch the wheels etc, but I assure you they don't (but only just) :)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Well the electronics are now in an tested, hopefully a short video to follow on my indoor test track (due to poor weather), a tight fit :

Due to perspective it does look like some of the wires touch the wheels etc, but I assure you they don't (but only just) :)
:clap::clap:

Listen out for crash gear changes >:)>:)>:)

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

Nicely laid out Jimmy, certainly the Li-ion Batteries a big help with that. May give Li-ion a try sometime, certainly appear to have less issues than LiPo’s do. Plus I probably have them in my iPad’s and iPhone.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Nicely laid out Jimmy, certainly the Li-ion Batteries a big help with that. May give Li-ion a try sometime, certainly appear to have less issues than LiPo’s do. Plus I probably have them in my iPad’s and iPhone.
Yep, it's simply a change to a different technology, with different chargers, different charging methods and different circuitry.

Given that I have three NiMh chargers, and am able to manage my charging routines reasonably well, I'm not in a hurry to change.

However, if I were going to convert more very small locos, I would probably have to think again.

At the moment, more locos would mean more shed (as in larger) which would end up in an inverse land grab and take away from the railway - and that ain't gonna happen :shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Yep, it's simply a change to a different technology, with different chargers, different charging methods and different circuitry.

Given that I have three NiMh chargers, and am able to manage my charging routines reasonably well, I'm not in a hurry to change.

However, if I were going to convert more very small locos, I would probably have to think again.

At the moment, more locos would mean more shed (as in larger) which would end up in an inverse land grab and take away from the railway - and that ain't gonna happen :shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:
Nothing will change much with my G things as they are all done. But I may think about them for a Gauge 1 Y8 that I want to shove Battery DCC into that is a bit of a challenge space wise. Although it is already battery powered by 4xAA the conversion to DCC will need a little more power than that and the voltage CV’d down to 6v.

JimmyB

23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Best answers
Country flag
Last edited: