Connecting manual points

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Quite a good device for joining rods end to end is an electrical 'block' connector (with the plastic removed if you wish).

Cyclone

Registered
10 May 2011
Staffordshire UK
Best answers
Yes, thats been mentioned before, good idea. Plan is to slide the ends of wire into a thin tube (probably brass) and melt solder into it. However might just crimp on (with some solder) bullet connectors. (again more than I could ever possible use in my workshop)

Cyclone

Registered
10 May 2011
Staffordshire UK
Best answers
The floppy disc spring is a freakin excellent idea, just installed one at back end of run-around.

Still gonna make the first point (is there a name?) manual off a lever.
Just noticed that (Bob) you have the bell crank directly attached to the point "slider" Ive attached mine with a short piece of rod. That might work better as the rod keeps jumping off the slider and needs a c-clip. However it does give some flexibility.

Joined the coat hangers together with an automotive electrical connector.

9d39c2a662dc4819b352fd615a88bfe0.jpg

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Cyclone said:
The floppy disc spring is a freakin excellent idea, just installed one at back end of run-around.

Still gonna make the first point (is there a name?) manual off a lever.
Just noticed that (Bob) you have the bell crank directly attached to the point "slider" Ive attached mine with a short piece of rod. That might work better as the rod keeps jumping off the slider and needs a c-clip. However it does give some flexibility.

Joined the coat hangers together with an automotive electrical connector.

images

I have, and it slides there as well (if you follow the pix).

Cyclone

Registered
10 May 2011
Staffordshire UK
Best answers
I see, didnt notice the extra bit.
Like the brass washers and screws/bolts. Need to find some.
Also need to find some small c-clips.