Cliff Barker and Bachmann Annie

spoz

What do I do? What I'm told by SWMBO
27 Oct 2011
Adelaide, South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Has anybody had any experience using Cliff's stuff with an Annie? I normally use his "continuous" receiver/ESC and have an Annie to convert; but I'm a bit concerned that the current rating is only 2.8A. I'm not sure what the stall current of the Annie is but I have a suspicion that it might be more that 2.8! I've certainly momentarily stalled (accidentally!) other, somewhat smaller, locos including the 2-6-0 I did last year, a Lyn 2-4-2 and a Thomas, without any adverse effects. I suspect their stall currents, almost certainly in the case of the Lyn and probably for the other two, would also be above 2.8 A, - but still...

Steve

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Steve,
I have one of Cliff Barker's control systems here, I use it for MyLocoSound soundcard testing. You are welcome to borrow it to try it out. I am in Magill, call me on 0414 232 060.

Regards
Peter

spoz

What do I do? What I'm told by SWMBO
27 Oct 2011
Adelaide, South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Peter, and I might end with having to take you up on that offer although I have several of my own installed in locos, including the 2-4-2 which also has the MyLocoSound I got from you last year and which is running well, which I could pull for testing albeit with some work.

However, I'm hoping not to have to do testing which might have the potential to compromise the Cliff card if the breaker doesn't work fast enough with an over current (and I really wouldn't want to do that to a borrowed card!). To that end I'm hoping somebody will already have done an install and can say "it works fine" in which case I will complete the order I was on the edge of sending to Cliff when the thought occurred to me, or "hell no you'll blow it up" in which case I will have go to one of Tony's systems I suspect. I wouldn't like to move away from Cliff's "set and forget" approach, but needs must I suppose.
Steve

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
I have installed the 2.8a version in a Lyn with no adverse problems, certainly never "stalled " a unit????