Brownmat, ask in the 'forum help' section, quote the name of the thread.....but I fear that my photos may have gone forever as the thread is about 8 years old now and the whole forum platform has been rejigged a few times since then.. This has happened on another of my threads.Hello is there any chance of the earlier photos for this being re-uploaded as it is something I am going to attempt.
Thanks in advance.
Mike - I am probably being thick here, but would I be right in saying that reducing from 4 pairs to 3 pairs would result in 3 chuffs per revolution, or have I totally missed something obvious? I am trying to achieve 4 chuffs per rev, and have ordered the magnets and sensor. Haven't really got a clue what I am doing, but its all good fun!Good to see another angle on this Neil.
As with the main part of this thread, I had installed the boards in Annie tenders with DCC controlled locos. The Sumpter sound board picks up from the rails and uses the DCC supply perfectly fine as well as DC.
The tender wheels are not the same diameter as the Annie drivers (4:3) and I think if I was going to change my installations I might use your method of 3 pairs of magnets instead of the 4 pairs that I have used.
Ironically I have timed the motion against the chuff rate and it is pretty close even with the 4 pair of magnets on the tenders...... but maybe 3 would be spot on!