Bachmann Ten Wheeler - Refurb Project

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
And finally it has lights (working with a bi-colour LED in each lamp), a cab light, it's number 7 (from the existing plate on the smokebox door) on the sides and remaining handrails fitted.

That's about all for now. I may one day upgrade it to a sound decoder - it doesn't have a speaker, but there is a place for one in the tender (presumable it was removed at some time) and I have allowed wires from loco to tender for this. It does seem to be a very good runner, and is popular with my son.

IMG_8073.jpegIMG_8074.jpeg
The vacuum pump is looking a bit lonely on the footboard, so should have some pipes running to it. And the bell needs a wire to the cab. And some realistic coal needs to cover the fake coal load. And some rods between the smokebox and the front buffer. The cable between the loco and tender is also a bit ugly, so I may need to think again on that.

Ok, it's not quite finished, but it's running for now!
IMG_8075.jpeg

Seen here passing what was previously the largest loco on the line...

Very finally thanks again to Flying15 and ViaEstrecha who both donated parts to the project for which I am very grateful.

Reactions: 1 users

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Very good and a great story of help and encouragement from many people. And you may have reared a new generation of G-scale fettler!

Last edited: