What is British G Scale

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Country flag
Someone winding me up, Brunel Models don't have a Laxey wheel on their web site.......

David

Not a wind up. If you have the money Brunel will make to order - Bespoke Projects Their work is outstanding. They usually show up at the 16 mm NGM show with a selection. Their made to true scale, say 16 mm, really shows the difference in size from most buildings made in "garden scale" by other suppliers. Then you could always get the BBC "Money for Nothing" team interested and get that nice fitted kitchen quickly upcycled to a Laxey wheel. Whatever it is it will be quite imposing, as will the other half's reaction. Max

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Country flag
Another slight thread drift David. I've been following this with interest. Initially assumed it would be 45mm gauge, now 32mm gauge mentioned and your self-imposed rules detailed in post #85. Just to throw my spanner in - this is looking for a new home if you don't find anything IOM suitable. 32/45mm adjustable.
View attachment 284695
Dare I quietly ask 'ow much?

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Country flag
Not a wind up. If you have the money Brunel will make to order - Bespoke Projects Their work is outstanding. They usually show up at the 16 mm NGM show with a selection. Their made to true scale, say 16 mm, really shows the difference in size from most buildings made in "garden scale" by other suppliers. Then you could always get the BBC "Money for Nothing" team interested and get that nice fitted kitchen quickly upcycled to a Laxey wheel. Whatever it is it will be quite imposing, as will the other half's reaction. Max

If you've seen any of the truly amazing model structures made by Brunel for Gauge 1 layouts - as well as a 16mm scale Woody Bay - you'll know that the quality is as big as the price. Given that even something as 'compact' as a 16mm scale signal box costs around £400, you can imagine how much something like the Lynton & Barnstaple's Chelfham viaduct must have cost.

They will make any thing you want as a one-off project - all you need is a LOT of money.

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
Country flag
If you've seen any of the truly amazing model structures made by Brunel for Gauge 1 layouts - as well as a 16mm scale Woody Bay - you'll know that the quality is as big as the price. Given that even something as 'compact' as a 16mm scale signal box costs around £400, you can imagine how much something like the Lynton & Barnstaple's Chelfham viaduct must have cost.

They will make any thing you want as a one-off project - all you need is a LOT of money.
They made me two bridges, LGB R2, and R3, expensive yes, but not that bad.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country flag

A Bridge too far?

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Country flag

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Country flag
Good movie. Loved the scene with all the DC-3s taking off (crank the sound up for that)._
............... and fairly close to the historical account :nod::nod:

One of our friend's father's uniform is in the museum at Oosterbeek complete with shrapnel damage - he survived and spent the rest of the war POW