dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
True! And the edges on the planks maybe can be covered with drybrushing...
No the dry brushing will need to come later, all that blue detail will be a long slow delicate steady handed paint job. Still you at the moment do have some time on your hands. Domestic duties allowing of course!

musket the dog

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
Best answers
In real life it looks not as good. The yellow still shines through on the edges. Maybe this is the perfect candidate to start learning weathering...

Looks great so far Henri, really looking forward to seeing it finished in that lovely colour scheme. I've been struggling with the issue of paint coverage on corners too. I wondered if it might be something to do with the surface finish of the painted area? If it was too smooth and the paint can't adhere. The other thing I tried was slightly warming the piece being painted before I sprayed it to force the paint to dry quicker when it contacts the surface. At the time I just left the part on top of the radiator for a while. It worked ok, but I was only working in oo so I was dealing with much smaller parts.

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, first the blueish grey needs to be applied, then I can start the weathering. I can't wait to start to make those planks a little bit 'sun damaged' and 'smoke greyed'.

Heating up the piece before applying paint is smart, although the conditions were perfect last night: 20+ degrees. The white is spraycan (actually, a white primer) so it is very thin. There are three layers applied in the picture, with an in between time of about 10 minutes.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
I’m now ready to start on the next replacement station building for the CFR:-

Building has been washed and is now ready for priming.

Primer applied to both buildings.

10E69ED0-4B1C-446F-B63D-EFAEB5A141A5.jpeg
373CB3B9-0F67-4605-8EA9-67C0984E83C3.jpeg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Bad news and catastrophe have always been used to divert attention from disturbing and unethical events. Some worrying advances have been achieved here on the edge of nowhere over the last couple of days. Like him or loathe him Michael Portillo pops up with increasing frequency on our screens. Now you can have your own effigy as successful cloning has produced a number of duplicates. I am beginning to realise just how much my eyesight is deteriorating and my modelling skills declining - excuse the quality, but you'll get the jist.
IMG_20200418_131204.jpg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Bad news and catastrophe have always been used to divert attention from disturbing and unethical events. Some worrying advances have been achieved here on the edge of nowhere over the last couple of days. Like him or loathe him Michael Portillo pops up with increasing frequency on our screens. Now you can have your own effigy as successful cloning has produced a number of duplicates. I am beginning to realise just how much my eyesight is deteriorating and my modelling skills declining - excuse the quality, but you'll get the jist.
View attachment 264638
Worrying

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
IMAG3014.jpg
My take on a water tower. Like all my models something to be glanced at, not inspected. The bricks were stolen from one of the kids toys and the "cement" floor grout. The fire devil is two gas tin lids stuck together. Just need a bi of heat shrink to make the water sock thing

Attachments

• IMAG3012.jpg
    IMAG3012.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG3013.jpg
    IMAG3013.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 0

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Well as I started to work in the OcRe Tram I got totally fed up with fighting to find the right Swiss file amongst a load of bent and shaped ones that kept getting in the way. The solution was some more compartmentaliastion of the tool draw. Thus the two new bits of wood stuck and nailed in place today has resulted in a happy Dunny.
61E5E4FB-32BF-4FE6-A5F0-769A5AABF9C3.jpeg
That meant time to mess up the workbench again.
C79E1772-86F6-416E-BF3E-D928EEDC066A.jpeg

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
The two replacement stations side by side:-
The station on the left will be the Highland halt Livingstone. The building on the right will be the Excursion waiting room at the new St Bernards Station.686EF9B0-AF0A-43AD-A173-215FAA48E1FB.jpeg

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
I sit in front of my friends model and have made the direction indicators. Now they have to be connected to the decoder. It will blinking.

76786-modelle-atw-751-18.04.2020-.jpg

76785-modelle-atw-751-18.04.2020-.jpg
Peter

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Not happy with the color. Way too blue. The color on the lid was perfect though. Needs more white, I will make my own color.

View attachment 264662
By the time you have done some weathering it will look fine, try out your dry brush tech with the metal work.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
By the time you have done some weathering it will look fine, try out your dry brush tech with the metal work.
Yes it looks fine to me too

MickyF

Registered
24 Aug 2019
Essex
Best answers
Something that will make you all laugh.... it made me cry... I have made my first scratch built truck - well it's a people work van - built on the chassis of a Nequida oil tanker. Painstakingly made all the parts on my CNC router, glued and painted it. It has 2 Moving buggies each with 1 axle. So I added a centre set of wheels intending to drive these with motor and gearbox. Took it out to the track for a test push... First time that have the concept of wheels going round R1 curves! It jammed at first curve and I discovered that the centre wheels had to move side to side 15mm! Not possible with the motor fixed inside the carriage... Back to the drawing board...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user