dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Having pretty well completed the work on my Steam Trams that required tools it was time to think about a bench tidy up. Now you see the chaos
72B539C3-C37E-4418-B75A-9D2E36D3B054.jpeg
Now a little tidier for the next stage.
1B326CCC-A31C-47E6-AD10-12C9384F7502.jpeg
so now there is some space it appeared appropriate to print out some lettering, cut it all up and apply it all.
B1E0507C-5768-49FF-868F-0867466C57D5.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Today I have mainly been playing about with CVs.
Switch off Mfx and assign a higher address number.
DSCF3784 _Small_.JPG

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Today I used my previously made ‘ventilation louvres’ tool. It appeared it was a bit mis-aligned, but that got fixed. Now I can make ventilation louvres en masse. I think another upcoming wagon will need these too.
This one is going to be a milk wagon which was used to transport milk churns. It will be white with grayblueish highligths.

5DA8F023-3E31-4E02-A2B1-15F7BD64E3D0.jpeg

004D5E22-8EF9-4382-88D7-7CD961D56AE5.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Today I used my previously made ‘ventilation louvres’ tool. It appeared it was a bit mis-aligned, but that got fixed. Now I can make ventilation louvres en masse. I think another upcoming wagon will need these too.
This one is going to be a milk wagon which was used to transport milk churns. It will be white with grayblueish highligths.

View attachment 264417

View attachment 264416
You will certainly need to get your weathering skills up for this one, very mucky in normal service being dragged about by Steam Trams.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
You will certainly need to get your weathering skills up for this one, very mucky in normal service being dragged about by Steam Trams.
Well they'll example picture looks nice and clean, but being white, I think you're right

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
You really have been busy Jon. How long before it resembles the first picture again?
Probably half way through the next major project whatever that is.

65 1057

Railways @ 1.435 mm/ 1.000 mm/ 750 mm and 45mm
9 May 2018
Berlin
Best answers
Country flag
Today I have mainly been playing about with CVs.
Switch off Mfx and assign a higher address number.

Since you are a CV expert - I hope you can help me.
Decoder installed on an OTTO conversion (Uhlenbrock 77100), IS 4 sound installed - everything works:
Motor/smoke unit/firebox flicker/sound effects/hall sensor etc. All works simultaneously during run / backward / forward / stop - just perfect.

When I connect the decoder with the front /back light and switch it on - the engine stops =?!? I tried LGB bulbs / LED's etc. - always he same effect.
Decoder overload? It is designed for 3Amp total with 700 mA for EACH function output.
Overload with LED's? I can share the CV's but the strange thing is I copied the settings from another loco - which works.

Every hint or troubleshooting direction is appreciated!!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
A LED will need a series resistor.. - It is basically a diode. It would present a short-circuit, so I suspect the decoder shutdown to protect things?

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
A couple of jobs today. One G scale the other not.

1st was my LGB 2080s battery conversion was running very lumpy at the end of my running the other day. I suspected heat but then perhaps not. I convinced myself that the last time it was apart I had lost the thrust bearings but on dismantling not that either, both were present and correct. I tried the motor on direct power outside of the loco and it was perfect running so very slow and smooth. So I suspected the remaining intefereance contacts within the motor block. This was changed so that all was direct soldered with wire leaving a few more bits of the venerable 2080s removed. Starting to put things back together at each stage I powered it up and all was smooth as the proverbial babies rear end. Thus when all was back together though running was smooth the valve gear and slide rids were all in places very close to reciprocating nuts that hold the connecting rods in place. So a little gentle manipulation got things a little clearer and I believe that carrying the loco out to the garden the slide rode may be getting shoved towards the nut thus causeing the problem. More cautious handling in the future me thinks. Below shot of the beast on the workbench with all laid out pretty neatly to return back together.
02542034-CD88-4C29-B80D-598ADE16B99E.jpeg
The non G scale job was to pull apart these 00 Gauge Cassettes that had been made with anodized ally. So now I have a good supply of 1inch L shaped ally. The mdf may be used to make some more but this time using Peco Track. Though I am not that happy with cassettes and often wonder at shows watching the manipulation of them thinking I wonder if anyone has dropped a cassette load of trains on the deck? I sincerely hope it has never occurred, but reality tells me that it is bound to at some stage if not already.
C234FDAA-13B5-4EC4-8CFF-B9160060EE3C.jpeg

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Yes they do! I think it’s a nice project.

The museum wagons are in almost new condition. Ideal for us modellers, but not really representing ‘the days gone’.

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
In real life it looks not as good. The yellow still shines through on the edges. Maybe this is the perfect candidate to start learning weathering...
Ah but do not forget you have the blue metalwork to paint first, perhaps this will loose those edges?