Best answers
Country flag

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Best answers
Country flag
Tench have no scales, are dark green a d have a red eye.
Tench were 60 foot rail wagons, definitely dark green, don't remember any eyes though :giggle:

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
At very long last, and after what turned out to be a daft number of man-hours, I've finished the flatpack ply 1:24 dolls house, which has now become the station for my grandson, Dominic's, pop-up railway. It was bought on a whim and has sat, unmade, on a shelf in the shed for 20 years, in the expectation that one day a small family member might use it, and has taken maybe 100 hours to complete over the course of a month, given that every surface in and out needed priming and at least 2 coats of mostly masonry paint, to give it a fighting chance of surviving outdoors.
dgr_stn1.jpg
The green woodwork is coated with a combination of Humbrol enamel and Halford's rattle can. The build time was about the same as making my own foamboard stations from scratch! Assembly had to be in careful order and all seams and joints sealed and filled. I made a few mods, such as LED lighting powered from his control panel, some interior detailing, a Busch platform lamp, glazing and adding a removable rear panel from foamboard, and the building sits on a base made from a piece of laminate left over from the kitchen floor, with foamboard infills, recycled from my old station platforms, with space for him to add another (lit) building, if he makes one one day.

Fanciful it certainly is, but for me, it is not too far removed from some of the amazingly exotic stations in the Basque Country. I'll add a nameboard once he has chosen a suitable name.
dgr_stn2.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Someone is a very lucky young man..
:clap:

PhilP

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
It looks as if Herman Munster should be the Station Master.

David

viaEstrecha

25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
It looks as if Herman Munster should be the Station Master.

David
I think there will be all sorts passing through there, from medieval knights to spacemen, but yes, it does look especially creepy in the dark :giggle:

viaEstrecha

25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
One of the cheapy purchases for my grandson's railway was a used Piko BR80, but disappointingly, it was fitted with 'standard gauge' buffers. Serendipity - a new set of alternative centre buffers came up on eBay for just 99p the other day, so guess what I've just been doing this afternoon during the drizzle, though it actually needed a full body disassembly to slacken the LEDs enough to thread through old and new buffer beams. Result!
buffer_swap_br80.jpg

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Another creation of the "Mad Scientist", as Mrs P. would say. It is about 90% complete. Waiting for a sound module and I have to camouflage the area at the men's feet .

IMG_8308.jpeg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Very clever, hope the tree does not fall down.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
At very long last, and after what turned out to be a daft number of man-hours, I've finished the flatpack ply 1:24 dolls house, which has now become the station for my grandson, Dominic's, pop-up railway. It was bought on a whim and has sat, unmade, on a shelf in the shed for 20 years, in the expectation that one day a small family member might use it, and has taken maybe 100 hours to complete over the course of a month, given that every surface in and out needed priming and at least 2 coats of mostly masonry paint, to give it a fighting chance of surviving outdoors.
View attachment 325140
The green woodwork is coated with a combination of Humbrol enamel and Halford's rattle can. The build time was about the same as making my own foamboard stations from scratch! Assembly had to be in careful order and all seams and joints sealed and filled. I made a few mods, such as LED lighting powered from his control panel, some interior detailing, a Busch platform lamp, glazing and adding a removable rear panel from foamboard, and the building sits on a base made from a piece of laminate left over from the kitchen floor, with foamboard infills, recycled from my old station platforms, with space for him to add another (lit) building, if he makes one one day.

Fanciful it certainly is, but for me, it is not too far removed from some of the amazingly exotic stations in the Basque Country. I'll add a nameboard once he has chosen a suitable name.
View attachment 325141
I missed this earlier, a superb job and nicely complements the loco and carriage.

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
A few of the recent Ebay win Bachmann phone poles been modified for use out on the line.
image.jpg

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Best answers
Country flag
Evening, yesterday I got around to starting apply rivets, one buffer beam down!!
20240328_200020.jpg
Also you can see the safety chains made up.