wernigerode signal box

melph1

Registered
30 Jan 2021
UK
Best answers
Hello.

I am about to embark on scratch building the wernigerode signal box from the HSB railway. I have found many photos but was wondering if anyone had measurements / scale drawings etc of the building?

Any help would very much be appreciated.

65 1057

Railways @ 1.435 mm/ 1.000 mm/ 750 mm and 45mm
9 May 2018
Berlin
Best answers
Country flag
I have a shortcut ;):

melph1

Registered
30 Jan 2021
UK
Best answers
Hi. Yes, i seen that and was tempted BUT... i have on order Drei Annen Honne station which requires me to sell a kidney to fund!!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hello.

I am about to embark on scratch building the wernigerode signal box from the HSB railway. I have found many photos but was wondering if anyone had measurements / scale drawings etc of the building?

Any help would very much be appreciated.
There is a member on here that is involved with the Shades of the Harz Layout that had Wernigerode Box on it. Perhaps he could help?

On a different matter it is not what we would regard as a signal box these days, more like a ROC Railway Operations Centre featuring Controllers, Signalling and possibly even Drivers and perhaps other Staff Accommodations.

It is a big building in G Scale. However if all else fails why not scale up from the pictures, doors 6’6” 3‘ wide will get you a long way to a pretty accurate model. Or like me with my Alexisbad Station Building, selective missing out gives a building that captures the features but takes up less space whilst keeping the believability of the place.

melph1

Registered
30 Jan 2021
UK
Best answers
Thanks for the reply. Scaling up the building based on the door is a great idea. As this is my first Gscale scratch build, accuracy might be questionable:)

Also thanks on the clarification about the buildings use.