dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I think it is rather nice to have Visitors to my line. Sometimes they bring Trains to run as well. This weekend my good friend Mike from Swindon was over. He had some things to take to Glendale for Sale on Commision. Look at Glendale 2nd Hand to see what is on offer. But his real problem was the LGB Allegra. Fortunately Brian was able to work his magic on it and it now runs a treat on Digital rather than just Analogue. A GE 2/4 was also purchased for Mike's RHB theme so that was given a run too. There was also a Yellow LGB Tractor running, but that appears to be Camera Shy. Did appear on Vid though which I will post when my Round to it gets on with editing it.
Meanwhile here is the Allegra looking very Virgin Trains like on my line:-

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

At speed past the Pond. In a hurry to get back into it's Box! Well it is rather big and found a few Tight Spots.

image.jpeg

The GE. This also found a very tight spot, pretty much below ehere it is shown in the following Picture but on the underneath bit of Line.

One of these has previously appeared on the DR. Was on Tests prior to Sale for the Ruschbahn Estate after I had mostly got the Chip sorted. Think it ended up near Lowestoft. But may have made the journey back to Glendale and be in a new home now.

image.jpeg

And the former Ruschbahn Corpet joined in with the fun.

image.jpeg
JonD

Reactions: 5 users

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
Nice photos Jon. Love the bridge and the photo of the Allegra on it reminds me of being behind one over the many RhB bridges in Switzerland in 2014.
Plans to repeat this are at an advanced stage this year....
(just haven't got around to telling swmbo yet)....:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
...it reminds me of being behind one over the many RhB bridges in Switzerland in 2014. Plans to repeat this are at an advanced stage this year... (just haven't got around to telling swmbo yet)....:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Hope you're in brownie points credit with swmbo, I don't think I'd dare plan a surprise holiday with no consultation, unless it contained 5 star hotels and lots of sunshine! :)

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
That bridge is a real belter, Jon! The weathering is spot on.

Background's a little out of scale though.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
image.jpeg It's always a treat when locomotives and their carerers come visiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Nice photos Jon. Love the bridge and the photo of the Allegra on it reminds me of being behind one over the many RhB bridges in Switzerland in 2014.
Plans to repeat this are at an advanced stage this year....
(just haven't got around to telling swmbo yet)....:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Got the bridge some 2 or so years back from MAYBACH of this Forum. Superb piece of kit. I think some more went to others of this site, but have not seen any pics of them as yet. Perhaps they are in stock waiting for the Railway Build.

Being between ex wives I have no problems with SWMBO issuing dictats about what I can or canot do. So things happen pretty quick once my Round To It kicks in. Though have to say that they do come into their own with Cake Making etc at open days! Oops did I say that, sorry girls not very good at Politically Correct.

Weathering is natural, Bridges were made from I gather Lazer Cut Steel. Look to have been Spray Painted and gradually Paint falling off. I rather like the effect though one day it will be all just rust. Wonder what I will do then? But the Steel is pretty well thick enough to take it, will certainly see me out.
JonD

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Love the pictures! Impressed by the pond too.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Do I need to comment? No, I think wife number three watches her step. :wondering:
Watch your back there, she could indeed be watching her step >:):
With cat-like tread, Upon our prey we steal;
In silence dread, Our cautious way we feel.
No sound at all! We never speak a word;
A fly's foot-fall Would be distinctly heard--
:punch:

Lordraglan274

Too much of a good thing is nearly enough.
25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
I do like that Allegra set, and it looks superb on your line.

I can confirm that the some of the Ex Ruschbahn Electrics, including 203, were returned to Glendale last year after the 'Pakefield Joint' was disbanded and the plans to erect overhead on the entire system was shelved.
No 203 did see regular use in the time it was here though. All the stock remains however although repainted.
203.JPG

203a.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Nice pix Jon and the Allegro does look good on your line....

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
the Allegro does look good on your line....

WHAT? Don't be daft, an Allegro doesn't even look good in the dark! :sick:

allegro.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, the Allegro...
The only car with a boot designed to give you a bad back!

lgbmad

Model trains....G scale mainly, but enjoy all othe
20 Oct 2011
Llanfyllin,Powys
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Had a good friend over for a few days from last Thursday till Today. Managed quite a bit of Train running and tge TCS Show on Saturday. Oh plus of course the inevitable Beer or Three. Sunday his good friend came over with SWMBO to see if we could get his recently bought Harz 2-6-2 99 6001 Tank to run. It turned out to be a 2080D with Metal Coulplin Rods and no Track Skates fitted. In superb condition for its possible age, box and Loco had been well stored and hardly used. As I currently have 3 of these here myself, it deemed suitable to have a Seminar Pic of all 4 at Alexisbad. Just for a bit if fun, anyone like to ID what the following 4 are?
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Oh just for a bit of help, one of mine has been renumbered to add the Computer Check Digit that applied on my visit in February 1981.
JonD

Reactions: 1 users

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I have had another little visitor for the last week, planned to go home today sometime. Will miss little Fudgie tillhis next visit. Pic here of him on Point Patrol:-
image.jpeg
No Dog or Track was hurt in the making of this Photograph.
JonD

Reactions: 2 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Awww gawd....I cant believe I used to know people who owned one of these!!! :)
I had one as a company car - never knew what I'd done wrong to deserve it :mask::mask::mask:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Had a good friend over for a few days from last Thursday till Today. Managed quite a bit of Train running and tge TCS Show on Saturday. Oh plus of course the inevitable Beer or Three. Sunday his good friend came over with SWMBO to see if we could get his recently bought Harz 2-6-2 99 6001 Tank to run. It turned out to be a 2080D with Metal Coulplin Rods and no Track Skates fitted. In superb condition for its possible age, box and Loco had been well stored and hardly used. As I currently have 3 of these here myself, it deemed suitable to have a Seminar Pic of all 4 at Alexisbad. Just for a bit if fun, anyone like to ID what the following 4 are?
View attachment 212628 View attachment 212627 View attachment 212629
Oh just for a bit of help, one of mine has been renumbered to add the Computer Check Digit that applied on my visit in February 1981.
JonD

Is the one furthest from the camera a Naughty Newqida R/C one? Only going by what little I can see of the front pony wheel, since the front number board and the cab lettering are not visible, and the lights are off so I can't tell if they are those horrible blue LEDs....

Jon.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Is the one furthest from the camera a Naughty Newqida R/C one? Only going by what little I can see of the front pony wheel, since the front number board and the cab lettering are not visible, and the lights are off so I can't tell if they are those horrible blue LEDs....

Jon.
Right on Jon, one down 3 to go.
JonD