Visiting Trains And Locomotives

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
So yours is second from left, as it has the check digit..
First on left is also LGB..
Does that make the third from left a Kiss model??
PhilP.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
So yours is second from left, as it has the check digit..
First on left is also LGB..
Does that make the third from left a Kiss model??
PhilP.
Sorry Phil, first 3 are all LGB but different Models. Think that the Gold Bell on one ought to be a little clue. All are different Ref No's.
JonD

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Last edited:

MTheStrong

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Harwich
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry Phil, first 3 are all LGB but different Models. Think that the Gold Bell on one ought to be a little clue. All are different Ref No's.
JonD
Hi Jon,

I have an LGB23802 which has the running number 996001-4 and has factory fitted sound. So I think that this is similar to the second loco from the left in your photo.

Regards

Martin

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Ok so before I forget will put you out of your misseries.
Left to Right
2080D Visitor like new with perfect Box from Auction.
22801 DCC Fitted with Dietz Sound Chip from new by Glendale.
2080S Bought second Hand from Beatties circa 1985 soind now faulty
Newquida Loco
Actually a real tricky quiz with some clever and some correct tries.
JonD

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Had another visitor today, Zerogee aka Jon came over to pick up some bits from the dismantled Railway. Needless to say we played Trains for a while I was so pleased that he came with his Stanton Radio Cab Battery converted Sachen Meyer and Wizzy Cranks. Have to say that the conversion may be what makes me take the full jump to Battery RC.

A couple of lessons were learnt though:-
1 - Always have a run round the line with a Battery Loco and a cleaning pad, the Aristo Track Cleaning Caboose is ideal for the task.
2 - Check out for overgrowing plants whilst doing this and attack with cutters as necessary.

So some pics.
Jon's Wizzy Cranks on the Slender Viaduct after some judicious pruning.
image.jpeg
Needless to say my Aristo Battery Wizzy Cranks did not want to be left out of the fun. Running into Magdesprung.
image.jpeg
Jon's Wizzy and Sachen at Magdesprung.

image.jpeg
Jon's Wizzy on the long Viaduct makes a nice picture I feel.
image.jpeg
The Sachen with the Stanton Radio Cab on the left and my Aristo one on the right. I rather like the push to move lever for Speed Control on the Stanton Cab. But it has to be said that the range is somewhat limited compared to the Aristo. But horses for courses and on my line as people tend to walk around with their Train 20ft or so range is more than ample. Plus with the Stanton the Train just keeps going till it gets a revised signal when back in range. Knowing and understanding this is no problem at all. I think that I may be having a very busy Winter doing Battery Conversions!
image.jpeg
Great to see you again Jon.
JonD

Reactions: 2 users

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
You cant have too many baggage vans! :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the hospitality, JonD, and for the chance to run on your line! It was a good day out, and I'm pleased if my conversions have helped you choose the route to go down..... I may see if I can get the range issue looked at by someone in due course, Neil Stanton tells me that he has to make the units with a VERY low transmitting power to keep strictly within regs (at least in the US), but he has hinted that someone with a decent practical knowledge of electronics (ie: not me...) could most probably bypass the voltage regulator in the transmitter circuit and feed the Tx chip with the full handset battery voltage (which is still not very much, the handset probably has only one or possibly two Li-Ion cells in it, but would presumably be enough to get a significant range boost compared with the minimal voltage it's getting at the moment....).
Good to see you (and Barney of course) today, and thanks for the bridges and track.

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the hospitality, JonD, and for the chance to run on your line! It was a good day out, and I'm pleased if my conversions have helped you choose the route to go down..... I may see if I can get the range issue looked at by someone in due course, Neil Stanton tells me that he has to make the units with a VERY low transmitting power to keep strictly within regs (at least in the US), but he has hinted that someone with a decent practical knowledge of electronics (ie: not me...) could most probably bypass the voltage regulator in the transmitter circuit and feed the Tx chip with the full handset battery voltage (which is still not very much, the handset probably has only one or possibly two Li-Ion cells in it, but would presumably be enough to get a significant range boost compared with the minimal voltage it's getting at the moment....).
Good to see you (and Barney of course) today, and thanks for the bridges and track.

Jon.
Glad you repeated the tech bit about range, I would probably have misquoted that. Good to see you too and glad you are happy with the bits you got. BARNEY is always happy to see visitors! Promise Cakes next visit!
JonD

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Most recent visitor on the EG&SNNR was Stocker's little Franzburg..... but did need a Harz 2-1-2T to make sure all was well.

Little&Large-02.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
marks of the forum came round today in the hope of sorting out what the Chip Number of this beastie was. Turned out to not be fitted with a Chip but ran very nicely on my Massoth as Loco 0. Sound was fine as well but still do not like using a non chip fitted Loco on MTS as Loco 0.
4342360A-B448-4866-B43D-3507269922A9.jpeg3203F39E-E852-40D2-BB5B-25C1EC43D3FF.jpeg45234524-D212-4AE4-B494-1E6CF29B2963.jpeg59283737-F9B9-43F9-943D-FB58672F2467.jpeg
First UP Loco on my line plus also probably the first unadulterated Standard Gauge one as well. All of my Piko ones have been bodged to Narrow Gauge. Nice big Yellow Beastie.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Marks has been here again with his UP a and b Unit. All now chipped up for him so a couple of pics running on the Dunnybahn in the Garden with the former Ruschbahn Fuel Train. American Loco with a Swiss Fuel Train in East Germany hm.........
8E60C606-1AEC-4D65-BC8D-826500FBA13A.jpegC0868A02-1C44-4EFE-95CF-561E16C21038.jpeg