Tumble Down Falls

JimmyB

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
An initial start has been made of the extension, a concrete pad where the point is going and the point fitted. This allowed me to make some minor adjustments to the gradient in that area, it is amazing what difference a few millimetres height over a foot length (I know i am mixing my units :)) can make. Smoothed out the area and a much smoother run.

The concrete pad, before the concrete had fully set, I had time to ensure this was laterally level, and about 1:40 gradient

Extension-Pad.jpg

The point fitted and tested, and the forward route planned (the thermalite block isn't fixed, just a temporary home :))

Extension-Point.jpg

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
An initial start has been made of the extension, a concrete pad where the point is going and the point fitted. This allowed me to make some minor adjustments to the gradient in that area, it is amazing what difference a few millimetres height over a foot length (I know i am mixing my units :)) can make. Smoothed out the area and a much smoother run.

The concrete pad, before the concrete had fully set, I had time to ensure this was laterally level, and about 1:40 gradient

View attachment 275126

The point fitted and tested, and the forward route planned (the thermalite block isn't fixed, just a temporary home :))

View attachment 275127
And yet another Garden Railway land grab commences, good luck with the work Jimmy. Sure it will all go to plan.

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
JimmyB

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
Hah! No plan survives the first contact with reality!
But I also wish JimmyB well.
Chris, other than spurring off the phase one line the plan is fluid, so failures will be few and far between.

Last edited: