Trams: Is There Much Tramway Interest On Here??

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
In a German online forum (www.drehscheibe-online.de) the user RailwayUniverse posted a film from the historic St. Peter tram depot in Nuremberg. It shows the Scale G tram system there.

Reactions: 1 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Some of intetest
Good to see its been preserved and not obliterated like some many other pieces of history.

When I was but a wee lad my father came back from a trip to england with some details of the subway which I tried to model in 7mm scale, well one end of it with two tracks going in to one. London trams didn't interest me much so it only ever saw early Lochee and I think from memory a Paisley cars. Geese oh that was a few years ago now.

David

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Good to see its been preserved and not obliterated like some many other pieces of history.

When I was but a wee lad my father came back from a trip to england with some details of the subway which I tried to model in 7mm scale, well one end of it with two tracks going in to one. London trams didn't interest me much so it only ever saw early Lochee and I think from memory a Paisley cars. Geese oh that was a few years ago now.

David
Not entirely sure that the newspaper report is completely accurate (nothing new there!) as I believe that occasional visits were done up to the site being closed due to Cross rail Works. We know how long those works have been ongoing and still are but clearly those in the Holborn area must be completed.

schienenkönig

4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
In 1990 my friend and I were in Gotha / former East Germany taking photos and a film.
This film has already been shown on another platform. However, this has been discontinued. I revived it today.

Oh man I'm getting old, that was 31 years ago.
Have fun

Peter
Gotha tram moments September 1990

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
In 1990 my friend and I were in Gotha / former East Germany taking photos and a film.
This film has already been shown on another platform. However, this has been discontinued. I revived it today.

Have fun

Peter
Lovely reminds me if my early visits to Dresden some 6-7 years earlier, that drabness that only an East German Town could provide. Especially so on a drizzly day! Lots of loverly ‘old iron’ 4 wheelers plus some ‘2 rooms and a bath’ as Tram nuts call them. Also visited East Germany immediately after the wall came down as well so likely the same year? Visited Naumberg that trip which was a tiny system not to far from Gotha whilst driving from somewhere or other to the Harz.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag

Have fun

Peter
Nicely done and well edited. I liked the part where you could see the bendy tram from the outside and the inside at the same time. You did choose quite a wet day! Thanks for posting, Peter.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
After the new Cambridge Mayor cancelled the Autominus Bus proposal we have a new kid in the block in the form of a Tramway proposal with a relativels shorter and thus much cheeper Tunnel solution. ’Greater Cambridge Partnership‘ executive board is considering plans for two systems. Longer term a route out to South St.Neots is proposed, likely linking to any southern station on the East West line but of little use for the Town, now that seams a bit odd. But it is early days just now.

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
And one line is going to be the Darwin Line :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
If the lines are to be standard gauge, it would be nice if the trains could use the Network Rail lines from the out lying commuter villages. Rather than have change at one of the stations. Especially as the new town at Waterbeach is on the mainline

schienenkönig

4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Ok, another boring day in August 2021 ....
Or not. Three elderly gentlemen met for a G gauge tram ride day. So that August 2021 will be a little friendlier for us,

I'll share the fun with you.
Hope you enjoy it.

Four trams are new to the line.
Peter

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Ok, another boring day in August 2021 ....
Or not. Three elderly gentlemen met for a G gauge tram ride day. So that August 2021 will be a little friendlier for us,

I'll share the fun with you.
Hope you enjoy it.

Four trams are new to the line.
Peter
What is the appropriate emoji for envy, envy of that excellent tramway system, I can but dream of such a line.

Thanks for sharing, an enjoyable few minutes of pleasure watching the trams go by.

David

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Some of intetest
Yes, I spotted that article Paul. I managed to get my ticket booked for a tour via the LT museum booking office a few days before they were officially due to be available on line. I found out this ruse by chance when I called to find out the protocols for on-line booking (what was the actual start time the site accepted bookings from) as I realised demand would be high for this tour. A few early dates were already blocked out despite the bookings only being advertised as being available on line. Useful to know when booking other highly desirable tours they offer. Here is a little more about the Kingsway tram subway Photos from inside the abandoned Kingsway Tram Tunnels In real terms, as the newspaper articles said, there has been no real public access since its closure in 1952. So, a must see for a kid who grew up, lived and worked in central London for most of his life, like me. Can't wait for Friday week. Max

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
Keep your eyes open for a no 33 tram (from Clapham). According to the goons it is still in the tunnel!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, I spotted that article Paul. I managed to get my ticket booked for a tour via the LT museum booking office a few days before they were officially due to be available on line. I found out this ruse by chance when I called to find out the protocols for on-line booking (what was the actual start time the site accepted bookings from) as I realised demand would be high for this tour. A few early dates were already blocked out despite the bookings only being advertised as being available on line. Useful to know when booking other highly desirable tours they offer. Here is a little more about the Kingsway tram subway Photos from inside the abandoned Kingsway Tram Tunnels In real terms, as the newspaper articles said, there has been no real public access since its closure in 1952. So, a must see for a kid who grew up, lived and worked in central London for most of his life, like me. Can't wait for Friday week. Max
Highly jealous

Kayanbee

Registered
14 Sep 2014
Hampshire
Best answers
Country flag
I have recently acquired around half a dozens LGB Trams, it was a case of an all or nothing purchase!

Now I realise that I am unlikely to ever use them all so I am considering selling some of them, I was cconsidering listing them in the Private Sales section, but if there is not that much Tram interest, thought it may be more sensible to go straight to an auction site.

Any feedback most welcome
Hi Steve,
Trams are wonderful. I have many LGB trams & streetcars as well as 9 OcCre Trams. They are so easy to run if you don't have the time to set up complete trains. Have a look on YouTube of my garden railway although there are not any tram in this clip. Cyclamen Line 2
TTFN Keith