The Logging, Gravel & Brickworks Railway

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag
Interlocking is fun, especially when it doesn't work right first time. I interlocked my station starters with the block relays, it worked....eventually. The inside of the control box looks like a BT exchange but that is because I never moved away from relays.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Wow the signals look great Giz, a little complicated for me but for a point-nut like yourself they are just the ticket.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
nicebutdim said:
Interlocking is fun, especially when it doesn't work right first time. I interlocked my station starters with the block relays, it worked....eventually. The inside of the control box looks like a BT exchange but that is because I never moved away from relays.

Nothing wrong with relays..
Now, uniselectors are another matter!;)

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, big clunky relays Phil! I remember them in the old days?

Now that the signals are working, I've today reprogrammed all the Switch Routes using F3 of my MTS as follows;

No. 0. Sets all points straight ahead, and used as a functional check in association with No. 9.

No. 1. Sets a route via the first facing junction to the former Quarry Branch by switching point no. 4 to the left. The train will travel clockwise around the loop and return to Sheringham via the Up Main.

No. 2. Sets a route via the the first junction to continue along the Down Main and in an anti-clockwise direction around the loop.

No. 3. Sets a route along the Down Main to the second facing junction at Weybourne North by switching point no. 6 left, along a reversing chord via Weybourne Platform 1, and then back along the Up Main to Sheringham.

No. 4. Sets a route along the Down Main to the third facing junction at Weybourne South by switching point no. 7 left, along a reversing chord via Weybourne Platform 2, then back along the Up Main via Weybourne North Junction to Sheringham.

No. 9. Sets all points to diverge to the curved road for functional testing and essentially opposite to Route no. 0.

Next job will be to connect the MTS PC interface and set up a track diagram to control the layout....

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
The new track diagram, produced using MTS PC Interface Software 6.0.

I've changed the orientation from the previous diagram, so it fits the PC screen....

27929f00ac5a4766a2a40a8b8dd887c1.jpg

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Not run a great deal during the Autumn.

Weybourne Yard is looking rather overgrown....

b9f4e472391b403491968fd940a7268f.jpg

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
The Old Lighthouse was getting a little bit tired and the wiring had deteriorated to a point where it had stopped working.

So Mizzy brought me a new one for my birthday.

This one is made of a resin material and should last longer. The lamp house on the top can be removed and stored safely if required, as it was during the recent stormy weather here....

b113a8b22a9546b7b56dfdbce8e57b12.jpg

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Re: The Logging, Gravel & Brickworks Railway

Well the LG&B has now passed into the annals of history.

Due to a pending house move, the track has now been lifted and will be put into storage.

End of an era....

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag

All the best Gizzy and good luck with the new line

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag

Aww, shame to see your line go. Good luck with the move and new line build

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers

Oh no, one of my favourite railways to read about. Hope the move opens up new opportunities Gizzy.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag

Good luck with the move and next incarnation Giz, perhaps we will see you down these parts to run your rolling stock until you have re-established the line.

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

Cheers chaps!

Nice to know my efforts here were appreciated, especially when you see some of the layouts on this forum.

The LG&B will be re-born at a new location, but it will be of a temporary nature as I could be moving on again in a few years time....