Finally started the railway

Alan B

3D printer/maker trains motor bikes BMW
6 Apr 2015
Milang South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Like the track layout Alan.
Before you know it those little conifers will be 5 feet tall (I've got a couple of dozen of them, had to prune them all down last weekend)
Hopefully not they are a dwarf variety if the blurb is right they shouldn't get bigger than 3 ft we will see.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
The sound card is 'Mylocosound ' small and easy to fit the manufacturer only lives 10 minutes down the road

I should have realised when I saw you were battery powered primarily. You've set up the whistle well. Some of my MLS based locos have quite weedy sounding whistles. I must have a go at tweaking them.

Do you know if Peter has sorted out the latest version of his card with the brake squeal sound effect? I was hoping to fit one to one of my locos.

Rik

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Alan,

Love those trees. Where did you get them from?

Peter (Moonraker)

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I should have realised when I saw you were battery powered primarily. You've set up the whistle well. Many of my MLS based locos have quite weedy sounding whistles.

Do you know if Peter has sorted out the latest version of his card with the brake squeal sound effect? I was hoping to fit one to one of my locos.

Rik
Rik,

Yes, the new soundcards with the brake squeal have been released. They have blue PCBs to differentiate them from the earlier version and are therefore referred to as MyLocoSound Blue. A faster processor with more memory has been added. The brake squeal and live steam injector sounds have been added. There are now 16 whistles to choose from; all much improved. I hope to get some videos out next week if only I can get a flock of noisy pink galahs to go away long enough.

Reactions: 1 user

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Rik,

Yes, the new soundcards with the brake squeal have been released. They have blue PCBs to differentiate them from the earlier version and are therefore referred to as MyLocoSound Blue. A faster processor with more memory has been added. The brake squeal and live steam injector sounds have been added. There are now 16 whistles to choose from; all much improved. I hope to get some videos out next week if only I can get a flock of noisy pink galahs to go away long enough.
Great news Peter
I'll get one via Peter S (in the UK)

Rik

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Great news Peter
I'll get one via Peter S (in the UK)

Rik
Peter has now officially retired and his busines taken over Steve Foster of Fosworks 01254 814675, Peter being one of his Agents so perhaps you will still be able to source your kit via Peter. Gen from ad in winter G1 Society Mag.

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Great layout. I have a cross track but not sure if I will use it or not. Now that I saw yours I just might use it.