The Dummies Guide. - Cv's - Massoth

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Basic rule of thumb in installations if you have 2 decoders, put an on-off switch in line with each of the decoders track pickup wire... much easier. Most people have a real hard time with decoder lock, and not all decoders support it anyway.

Greg

Reactions: 1 user

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Agreed Greg. locks should be useful but are hard work.

frankando12

Registered
15 Jul 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Stockers
Thanks for the work you put into this . Maybe Massoth could have got you the write their manual, there one is hard to understand in places especially on their Dimming values for function Outlets .
Thanks Again Frank

RH Prague

Central European. the station pub is Czech !!
28 Oct 2009
Prague
Best answers
Country flag
as a digital dummy, might i ask for an equally admirable prequel to this, namely, how to actually get to these cvs on the Massoth Navi, and thence change them.

For me an ideal step by step would use as an example changing the overall sound volume on a loco, from the moment you pick up the Navi and select that loco. After that I'd hope i could then play with other settings as outlined above.

Thanks in advance. Whoever does this ought to send it to Massoth and tell them they can and should put it on their website, in return for a donation to GSC :)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
as a digital dummy, might i ask for an equally admirable prequel to this, namely, how to actually get to these cvs on the Massoth Navi, and thence change them.

For me an ideal step by step would use as an example changing the overall sound volume on a loco, from the moment you pick up the Navi and select that loco. After that I'd hope i could then play with other settings as outlined above.

Thanks in advance. Whoever does this ought to send it to Massoth and tell them they can and should put it on their website, in return for a donation to GSC :)
I actually did something similar a week or two back as a sort of beginners guide to starting use of a Navi. It got lost in the great Monday GSC Meltdown sadly and I never remembered who it was the answer to. Possibly you as one of your queries? Need to sit down and do it all again, probably with Pictures of a Navi to help explain things better.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
I have done something similar for Zimo on my site... a page on familiarization with the hardware:

then a "cheat sheet" for common tasks.

Needs a lot more info, and feedback from new users about the issues they had getting started.

Greg

Last edited:

RH Prague

Central European. the station pub is Czech !!
28 Oct 2009
Prague
Best answers
Country flag
I actually did something similar a week or two back as a sort of beginners guide to starting use of a Navi. It got lost in the great Monday GSC Meltdown sadly and I never remembered who it was the answer to. Possibly you as one of your queries? Need to sit down and do it all again, probably with Pictures of a Navi to help explain things better.

Definitely not me, I have been meaning to ask this for ages but just got round to it. I realise it will be a lot of work for somebody, but hopefully of benefit to a fair few people from time to time.