If it had been for an American railroad, it would have been letter MoW - Maintenance of Way.I recently brought this cheap LGB van at an Open Day. Originally a green sound van, it had been painted yellow, and lettered for an American style railroad.
I liked the distressed look of the yellow paint....
View attachment 360241
Could have been an English though, Permanent Way Department an oft used term on BR.If it had been for an American railroad, it would have been letter MoW - Maintenance of Way.
While the UK had Permanent Way Departments, I'm not sure what they call 'em in Europe.
Whatever the terminology, an obviously European NG van on a North American railroad isn't quite the ticket.
RhB does have ex revenue stock in service as PW wagons. I don't know the German, or for that matter Romanche or Italian for these vehicles. In Graubunden, all these languages are used on RhB rolling materiel....pI think in the oast they may have used retired vehicles in Pw stock but probably not know.
