Maintenance Wagon Fleet

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I have acquired quite a few scruffy LGB wagons over the years which I've converted for maintenance duties on my line.

I've spray painted these in 'Sunset Yellow' aerosol paints brought from The Range.

However, the large areas of yellow paint needed some sort of markings. My railway stock has a lot of DB liveried vehicles, so I thought about getting some transfers made. I arranged with the proprietor of Emdon Valley Transfers when at the Llanfair Show early in September to get some black DB logos, having used some O Gauge white ones (from another supplier) on a LGB red side-tipping wagon.

These arrived this morning and I have applied a pair to a OW truck.

I'm very pleased with the results and I'd recommend Emdon Valley should anyone be looking for bespoke transfers....

DB Wagon.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Next LGB wagon to be done is this US style 4 wheeled caboose, which was originally red.

I replaced the cupola roof with a European style one. The chassis already had centre buffers, so it fits in with my other stock.

I've fitted a brush under the wagon to sweep the 3 foot clear of any debris. It doubles as a crew and tool van....

DB2.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Next one up is this LGB ToyTrain wagon which was green. It has a US style roof with a walkway, which I decided to keep so it could be used as a tunnel inspection vehicle.

I made up some labels for it as the Matra Crane support van, but I might remove these at some point....

DB3.jpg

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
This used to be a very scruffy blue LGB Post Van, which I brought cheap from Glendale Junction before they closed.

I've added a Sweet Sixteen resin snow plough to it and lots of extra weight, partially as a counter-balance for the plough, but also so it's heavy enough to be used to clear snow. It's usually paired up with my LGB Shoema Snow Plough loco, but it has only had to be used once on the line....

DB4.jpg

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Sone nice customs there, Gizzy. I like the brush addition to the former caboose.

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Another one of my fleet 'badged' up!

I brought this Bachmann B&O bogie flat very cheaply at a G Scale Society show at Stafford. Mel (YB281) persuaded me to buy it, and it was my first long bogie vehicle.

After a short while in 'revenue' service, I was looking for a more suitable vehicle to mount the LGB Toy Train crane on.

No 1525 is the original number and I've kept it for the crane. I must number the rest of my maintenance fleet sometime....

20231003_143718.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I had a pair of transfers left over, so my Maintenance and Test Loco, Shoema No. 60, has now been officially allocated to the fleet....

20231003_150742.jpg

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Great pictures Gizzy. Your maintenance fleet looks just right.
I've quite a few yellow open wagons and flats as general maintenance vehicles too, as well as these 3 hoppers....

thumbnail_20200614_191732.jpg